Chapter 20

I had one too many drinks. After wobbling and staggering to different locations within Kamran's farmhouse, I decided to sit down on one of the sofas because my head was spinning. Fahad was busy flirting with some random girl while her friend was eyeing me up and down. I smirked as I rose my glass at her and signaled her to come to me with my finger. It was like her entire face lit up at that as she tried not to make her eagerness obvious while walking or rather rushing towards me.

She sat down beside me on the sofa, pushing her body against me and I rose my eyebrow at her. Someone was excited. Not that I minded. Who was she anyway? I tried to squint my eyes in her direction, trying to identify her. Kamran's parties were usually highly exclusive, only extremely high-fi people could attend. I don't think I have seen her before.

"Ah, I see you have met my classmate, Sania." Kamran said suddenly as he took a puff of the cigarette while handing Sania a shot glass that she downed almost immediately. Interesting indeed.

"Classmate, huh?" I said, eyeing her up and down. I smirked my notorious smirk as I put down my glass and looked at her with more intrigue.

"I have heard so much about you from Kamran. I have been wanting to meet you for a long time since I saw you at a party months ago." Sania confessed while her hand found way to my chest and she tried to seductively move it up and down. I nodded at her words, not really paying attention. She was average looking, no blue eyes to electrify my mind, no shocked or horrified expressions to make something inside me swirl with an unknown feeling. She was a temptress but I didn't feel the usual excitement I did when a girl approached me but it didn't matter. I knew what she was here for.

She wanted to brag about me to her friends after today like I was a conquest or something. All of them did the same thing. Except her, she was different, she got on my nerves. I brushed away the image that was forming in my head of a certain blue-eyed brunette. How dare she roll into my head like that? It ends today. I grabbed the drink, Kamran was holding in his hand and downed it. It was something different from what I was usually drinking because it made my head spin in a whole different direction.

I gave Kamran a questioning look and he gave me a boyish grin.

"It's a Gin tonic. Purest form." I rolled my eyes, I could feel the effect taking over me like a wave. I hunched forward to stop it from rushing to my head and then leaned back while Sania pressed her hands on me. I wasn't looking at her but when I did, I lost my breath for a second. Instead of seeing her boring caked face, I saw Misha's face.

"What the?" I muttered as I looked at her closely. I put my hand on her face to see if it was real that she was sitting right beside me, clinging to me like that.

"What's wrong, Ibraheem?" Misha's velvety voice questioned me. I knew this wasn't her but she felt so real. Her skin was warm under my touch. Her blue eyes were sparkling under the disco lights. The way she was looking at me was getting to my head. What the hell was she doing here?

"Who the hell let you get in here? Why did you come here?" I questioned her seriously. Her brothers would never let her come here. She is too innocent for this place. Did someone hand her a drink or something because she was grinning at me as well.

"What are you talking about? Why can't I come here?" Misha asked me while frowning at me. She gave me a weird look and so did Kamran. Wait, Kamran could see her too, right? I don't mind him staring but that means the other assholes here can see her too. What if some jerk decides to ask her out or something? Hell, if I allow that.

"Hey, bro, you okay?" Kamran asked me as he squeezed my shoulder, his words were laced with concern. Why was he worried? No, right now, I needed to get Misha out of this place first.

"You. Come with me." I ordered Misha as I slowly got up from my seat. "I don't know how you got here but I am dropping you back home. It's not safe for you here." I told her and then suddenly remembered how she had been seen-zoning me for a while now. "You are going to explain yourself to me. Weren't you studying for your exams?" I said as I grabbed her wrist and started dragging her to the exit. I saw Fahad give me a weird look but I didn't care right now.

"What are you talking about? Ibraheem, how drunk are you? You are hurting me." And suddenly Misha's voice was gone along with her face and it was replaced with Sania's face. I instantly let go of her wrist and looked at her with a shocked face. What the actual fuck just happened? "Sorry." I said as I grabbed my head that was starting to spiral out of control again.

"I think he has drank a little too much, sorry Sania, why don't you get something to eat while I take Ibraheem to sober up a little, yeah?" I heard Fahad's voice behind me while he used his hands to steady me so I don't fall. Sania just nodded disappointed and turned around to leave. The moment she left, Kamran and Fahad dragged me inside the building and put me down on a bed in one of the guest rooms.

"Kamran, bring water." Fahad told Kamran who nodded and left the room. "You want to tell me what the hell that was? Do you even know how loud you were? Ibraheem, what happened?" Fahad said he gave me a stern look, I knew he was concerned, I had never behaved like this before after all. Trying to ask a girl to leave a party cause it's not safe? I was the one who brought them to parties.

"Fahad, I think I am losing it." I replied honestly. "Back there, I didn't see Sania, I saw someone else."

"Who? The Lahori girl?" Fahad inquired and I just nodded trying to get my mind straight. "What's her name?"

"Misha, Misha Yousaf." I said repeating her name as I fell back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling, spacing out. "She is making my life miserable, bhai."

"Misha? Who is that?" Kamran asked as he stepped inside with a glass of water. He handed it to me while he sat down on a couch and looked from me to Fahad and then to me again.

"It's some girl back in Lahore who has him whipped or something." Fahad explained as he put his head in his hands. "I am not sending this idiot back into the party. People observe our every move, if he causes a scene like that again, word will spread." Fahad said exasperated as he took out a cigarette, lit it up and opened a window. Kamran gave his silent approval. I could tell they wanted to ask me a lot of things but I had only one thing on my mind.

"Twenty more days. Just twenty more." I said suddenly remembering I could talk to her after June 12th. I had gotten so used to talking to her, I was finding the sudden abstinence odd and it was having messed up withdrawal symptoms on me or something.

"What happens after twenty days?" Kamran questioned while Fahad just looked at me while exhaling smoke.

"Her CIEs will end. She will be free from her exams."

"What are you talking about bro? CIEs officially end on the 28th of May. Subhan is giving them too, remember?" Kamran told me and I perked up at that. Subhan was our cousin who was the same age as Misha and also giving CIEs.

"You sure about that?" I confirmed from Kamran and he nodded.

"Yeah, he was complaining about it like a week ago." Kamran said and I slowly rose from the bed. 28th May huh? Misha, Misha, Misha. I am surprised you had the guts to do something like this to me. You will pay for this dearly.

"Boys, we are going to Lahore on the 27th. I want you to meet a certain someone."

Author's note:

So, what do you think will happen now that Ibraheem just found out about her deception? Also, what do you think of Fahad and Kamran's characters?