Chapter 38

Zoya had visited her in the morning and the family decided to give them personal space to talk about thing. Zoya broke out in tears the moment she saw Misha and sniffed until Misha calmed her down.

"I am the one supposed to be crying. Why are you crying?" Misha put on her best smile to stop her best friend from crying.

"I am just happy you are okay. I hardly got to sleep at night." Zoya said as she wiped her tears and hugged Misha who hugged her back. "It's my fault. If only we hadn't gone out that day," Zoya looked back to make sure no one was listening before she whispered, "none of that would have happened."

"It would have happened eventually, Zoe, this is something we couldn't avoid." Misha said in defeat and Zoya nodded her head. "Don't blame yourself. I am just glad nothing else happened."

"You know, he carried you to the car and then drove like a mad man to the hospital." Zoya started to speak. "I was so confused and afraid. I had no idea what I should have done. It's like my brain stopped working all of a sudden. Fahad told me to lie to the family about the robbery. Ibraheem didn't want to leave, he looked like he was the one who was shot instead. He looked so miserable but I don't feel any sympathy for him, he is most of the reason why all of this happened in the first place."

"You are right but, I had the gun in my hand and I shot myself." Misha said in a low voice.

"Speaking of, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? WERE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO KILL YOURSELF?" Zoya's voice rose and Misha quietened her down.

"Nooo. Am I crazy? I just wanted to scare him but it backfired. Literally." Misha rolled her eyes.

"Well, I am just glad we survived it." Zoya sighed as she held Misha's hand. "I just hope he doesn't show up here now and cause another scene."

"He won't." Misha said with assurance and Zoya narrowed her eyes at Misha in suspicion. "I talked to him last night."

"YOU WHAT?" Misha ssh-ed Zoya who had gotten up from her seat but then sat back down.

"He just showed up out of nowhere and started crying. He kept begging me for forgiveness. I was so drained and tired mentally and physically that I just said whatever came to my head and he agreed to it." Misha recalled last night and realized that what she had said a few hours ago didn't really make sense to her so what exactly did Ibraheem understand from it? But she decided to ignore it for now.

"You both are crazy tbh." Zoya said as she sighed in defeat. "I can't handle you both. It's like talking to two walls." Misha laughed at that.

"Probably."

"You don't love him, do you?" Zoya narrowed her eyes and Misha looked at her in shock for even suggesting that.

"No!" Misha refused immediately.

"Ahan?" Zoya's eyes narrowed and Misha nodded her head eagerly. "Okay then. Well what are you going to do about him?"

"I have got no clue."

"Allah will find a way."

"InshaAllah."

.....

It had been five days since Misha's operation and she was getting discharged tonight. Ibraheem hadn't bothered her at all which had frankly surprised her and in fact, he had even refrained from visiting her because Misha sternly told him not to. He was being oddly obedient which didn't fit his nature. She knew one thing, she wasn't in love with Ibraheem but it was more like she had accepted the reality that it wasn't easy to get rid of him. He was like this leech, no, not a leech but like this inevitable truth that she had to face eventually. He was like a fear she had to overcome somehow.