Chapter 14

Ibraheem's Point of View:

I tapped my expensive Gucci shoes impatiently on the marble floor of the food court in Emporium Mall. My mood had changed severely from an hour ago. I looked at my Rolex wrist watch, a gift from father on my 18th Birthday. It was already four fucking p.m. and she wasn't here. What was she playing at? I had sent her multiple messages on the messenger and made a mental note for getting her number because clearly the messages were not being read, due to a lack of access to the internet on her part. I was honestly surprised to see that she had bailed on me. I didn't think she had it in her. Maybe, I hadn't scared her enough yet. I also made a mental note of telling her who I really was, or more precisely who my father was. Messing with politicians is a no-no, dear Misha.

Frankly, I had planned on leaving her alone for a while after she met me today. She genuinely seemed afraid of her family and I admit, I was an asshole but not the type to constantly terrorize someone like this. I never had the need to do it before. Things just fell smoothly in place before. I had never needed to persuade or better yet, chase someone before. Talking to girls was as easy as it goes, it was never a challenge, they would come to me, we would talk, fool around and then I would cut them off when they got annoying which they usually did. They started expecting from me. Expectations I wasn't planning to meet anytime. I didn't mind it though, I wasn't one to make an effort ever, and my parents had taught me to let things come to you, that was how it always had been. Money, friends, women, respect, it all came naturally to me. I had never worked for it.

But that was before I met Misha, she wasn't the rebellious kind and yet she had this fire in her. I don't know if she was playing hard to get on purpose to impress me or she actually meant to not associate myself with her at all. Her actions made me curious, she was different in a freshly unique way. She honestly looked like she wanted to avoid me like I was plague or something. That didn't sit well with my ego. You don't do that to Ibraheem Narejo. He cuts you off, you don't. For some reason, Misha made me want to do things that I had never done before, she made me work hard to gain her attention and although it pissed me off in the beginning, it started to make sense later. Initially, I was planning to just kidnap her from her house if she avoided me anymore. Then I would talk to her, get into her head, mess with her and then forget it ever happened but for some reason, I couldn't. Not with her. It's not like I was in love with her but I didn't want to scare her either. Well, not any more than I already had.

Maybe, she didn't realize it but she was screwing with my morals, or more like, the things I have learned in my life. There was always a price for everything. If I wanted to pass an exam, I could just call the examiner and bribe him or threaten him. If I wanted a girl to fall for me, all I had to do was give her a few expensive gifts, show off in front of her friends and she would be down for everything. Sometimes, my family name was enough to get what I want. If a friend broke my trust or have bad intentions for me, I made sure to hire a couple of people to beat the crap out of him. But Misha made, no, forced me to think that maybe some things can't be rated. Not yet at least.

I was beyond ecstatic when I had found out that she was willing to meet me today. I had even dressed up extra just for her, although, I was always well dressed, my parents had taught me that I was representing the family so I couldn't go around looking like trash. But today, I had genuinely made an effort. I styled my hair, I specifically picked out the clothes and shoes. I was looking forward to seeing her. I hadn't felt this thrill in a long time. It felt like I was stuck on a difficult level in some game and I had to actually think hard on how to solve it.

The day I had seen Misha, her greenish blue eyes that looked at me indifferently, or like I was some burden, her body language that seemed more repulsed than attracted, and her plum pink lips that were stretched into a thin line as if she didn't care if I dropped dead in front of her, that was the day, I was triggered. I had wanted to know why she was like that. Why she was so uninterested in me. I had to admit her natural beauty was stunning but I had models who were interested in me before that made others envious so it wasn't Misha's looks that intrigued me. It was her personality. It was unlike any of the girls I had dated or met before.

I hated how she repelled me. She had blocked me. Twice. Me? Ibraheem Narejo. Nobody blocks me. People want me. What was wrong with her? She was sorely mistaken if she thought I would leave her alone for doing that. I might have, if she had shown interest in me but no, she just had to make things difficult for her. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. She had ditched me today. She had made me wait for her. I put my hands through my hair in frustration as I got up from my seat. I had noticed that there was three girls sitting at a little distance from me who had been trying to discretely glance at me from time to time and giggle. See? This was normal. That was how girls are supposed to be around me. I gave them a smirk before I started to walk back to the exit. I put my hands in my pants as a realization dawned on me.

Maybe, something happened to her. What if she got into an accident or she got sick or something? I didn't like the idea of her getting ill. It made me feel upset. Not sad, just bothered. It meant she wouldn't reply to my messages. That bothered me a lot. I didn't like to be ignored. Well, there was only one way to find out. I was going to go to her house and see what was wrong. I had been unconsciously checking my phone to see if she had replied but my messages remained unread and it pissed me off even more. I was nearing the exit, which was also the second entrance to the mall when my eyes caught sight of a school uniform. Her school's uniform.

Great, now I was hallucinating about her too because if that was seriously her in that uniform, she was about to see hell.