Chapter 36

Breaking the news to Misha's family while her mother cried and his father held his head was probably the most difficult thing Zoya had done in her life. All three of her brothers, her brother's pregnant wife and her parents were standing outside the Operation Theater where Misha was. Humayun couldn't believe it until he saw Zoya's drenched shirt. It was still hard to take in that their dear little sister had actually been shot.

"How did it happen?" Misha's father, Yousaf, questioned Zoya who was hardly keeping her own tears in. She started to explain the story Fahad had formed for her about how someone on the bike stopped them and shot at the door when they refused to open and then how Misha was shot while they ripped the bag from her hand and then escaped. She also hesitantly explained how some bystanders helped her get to a hospital but omitted the fact on who they actually were.

Misha's mother cried on hearing the story again so Qasim took her to a nearby chair. One of the doctor's had already come out of the operation theater to get the blood transfusion so Misha's father left with him along with Saleem whereas Qasim and Humayun calmed their mother down.

"It must have been so hard for you." Misha's sister in law, Hina, comforted Zoya who was trembling remembering what had really happened.

"It really was. I can't even begin tell you."

Ibraheem was standing quite a distance from the family but he could still look at everyone's expressions clearly. He knew what each member of her family looked like but this was the first time he was seeing them in real life. They really cared for her, Ibraheem thought while looking like an absolute wreck.

Fahad had tried desperately to try to make him leave the hospital but he was determined to stay, he wanted to make sure she was alright, that she would be safe, that she wouldn't leave him alone in this dark world of his that she had brought light into. Light that he took away. He was willing to beg her for forgiveness on his knees from her if he had too. He just didn't want to lose her. He felt hopeless, he felt fear, and he didn't want to imagine a world without her. Even barely but she filled the void in his heart, he didn't even know he had.

He watched as another doctor came out of the room and said something to Misha's family causing Misha's mother to wail out loud. He felt the hair on his body rise and started to walk towards them to know what they said but then Fahad stopped him and told him he would only matters make worse. It was hard for Fahad alone to hold him back but he had sent Kamran away intentionally because someone needed to handle the other matters.

"What if they couldn't save her? What if she had lost too much blood? What if we were too late? What if I lose her, Fahad? What will I do then? What do I do? I don't understand anything anymore. I can't imagine it. I don't want to imagine it, Fahad. I feel so alone." Ibraheem felt his voice get low as if he was losing his will to hold it together. Fahad hugged him to calm him down.

He felt pain as he looked at Misha's family, he felt agony as he looked at the closed white doors of the operation theater where they had taken her. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out of his chest making it hard for him to breath. And then Ibraheem did something he never thought he would. Something he hadn't done in a long, long time, no matter what happened before but something compelled him to do it now. He gave a damaged smile to Fahad as he took a few steps back. Fahad looked at him questioningly as he started to walk towards the reception. Fahad was about to ask him what he was doing but Ibraheem beat him to it.

"I am not going to her or her family relax." Ibraheem assured him as he walked towards a nurse standing on the reception area with Fahad on tow.

"Hello, can you tell me where the praying area is?" Ibraheem's question surprised Fahad because he knew Ibraheem didn't perform Salah. Sometimes Fahad thought that he and his friends were only Muslim in name although Kamran was the better one of them because he would pray namaz occasionally but Ibraheem and Fahad had just given up somehow. Fahad couldn't even remember the last time he or Ibraheem had prayed to Allah. It's not like they didn't know how to pray, it's more like they had just stopped. They thought they had sinned too much to repent now that it was too late so when he watched Ibraheem silently going towards the prayer area where the nurse had instructed him too, he couldn't believe his eyes. He didn't question Ibraheem but rather just silently followed him.

As Ibraheem stepped into the prayer area, he noticed that his shirt had Misha's blood on the lower right corner and he recalled that you couldn't pray with blood so he took off his shirt and walked towards the wash basin and started to rinse out the water while Fahad watched in silent shock. Once he was done, he tried his best to dry the shirt out as much as he can before wearing it back on and then Ibraheem performed wudhu. He cleansed himself, his bloodied hands and his exhausted eyes and his tired soul. He then staggered towards a prayer mat and started praying Asr.

He closed his eyes as he visualized that Allah was listening to his Salah right now as he performed it and then sat down to make dua. Before he could even realize what was happening, tears started to fall from his eyes and drench his dried palms as he asked Allah for help.

"Allah, I know I am a sinner but right now I am begging you to save her. Save Misha for me Allah. I have done a lot of wrong in my life so I don't know if you have forsaken me or not but Your mercy is infinite so forgive me my Lord, because I need You now, I need You to perform a miracle and save Misha because I cannot lose her. I love her Allah and I am begging you right now to save her so I can ask her for forgiveness too. I don't want to lose her Allah. Please do not forsake me. Ya Allah Madad."

Author's note:

Hey and Asalam o Alaikum guys!

Just one thing, my university is starting tomorrow so updates are going to be super slow from now on so try to be understanding alright? Yeah, that is all I wanted to say lol. 

Hope you enjoyed the update!

Peace out. \\//