Chapter 23

Misha's POV:

"No, you know I cannot do that." I shuddered at the thought of being alone with him, to go anywhere with him. I was scared of him, so scared of what he would do right now when he was this anger. I rubbed my trembling arms with my hands as I gave him a pleading look. "Let this go. Please."

"Chalti ho k zabardasti le kar jaoun? (Are you coming or do I have to drag you by force?)" His words were icy cold. A chill ran down my spine and I shivered as I felt the hair on my arms and neck rise.

He glared at me as he slowly rose from his seat. He brought his hand forward towards me. I looked up at him confusion. Did he want me to grab his hand or something? Was he crazy? I wasn't touching him. No. I just stared at his hand and then back at him, keeping my stance the same. He recoiled his hand and put it back in his pocket as he gave me a menacing glare.

"Don't do this, Ibraheem, please. I am sorry for lying to you. I won't do it again so stop all of this." I meant it, I wouldn't lie to him, I was desperate right now. I had rose from my seat without realizing, my eyes darted from him to Zoya and Rubab who were staring at me along with the two friends Ibraheem had brought as well. My eyes made contact with Zoya's and she gave me a helpless look. I felt my heart tighten and I realized what I had gotten myself into unwillingly.

"You should be looking at me right now." Ibraheem's words brought me back to the impending doom I was in. I snapped my head in his direction and gave him another desperate pleading look and he sighed before he sat down. "Sit down, we will eat and talk about this."

I hesitantly took a seat back as I silently sighed in relief at the fact that I didn't had to go anywhere with him. Ibraheem called the waiter as he placed an order for something, I didn't listen to what it was because my nerves were killing me. Once, he handed back the menu, he started staring at me. I wanted to ask him what was his problem but I was too scared.

"Why did you lie to me, Misha?" His voice was still terrifying but it wasn't as threatening as before.

"I didn't think it would be such a big deal." I answered honestly. I did hide the part about wanting to avoid him for an extra fourteen days but with his scary mood swings and a gun tucked in the waistband of his pants, I don't think mentioning that was a good idea or even an idea to begin with.

"I hate liars. Don't ever do it again. Agli dafah aisay howe tou men tumhe utha kar Karachi le jaounga, acha? (Next time this happens, I will kidnap you and take you to Karachi, clear?)" I felt my eyes go wide at his declaration. I looked at him to see whether it was a joke or something but the look on his face told me he wasn't joking in the bit so I just nodded my head in agreement. Silence fell on us again as he continued to stare at me while I looked anywhere but him.

"Papers kaise howe? (How were you exams?)" Ibraheem asked as he continued to stare at me. Why was he staring so much? What was going through his head?

"Good." I replied truthfully.

"All of them?" Why was he so interested? I continued to look down to avoid his penetrating gaze. Did he want to know the details or something? "Just relax and answer. And look at me when you speak. I am not going to hurt you. Now tell me, how did your exams? With Details."

Should I seriously just tell him? I finally looked at him and noticed that he was staring at me with genuine interest. The scary glare from before had gone and he seemed to be pretty calm so I decided to answer him.

"Well, my chemistry exam was pathetic. They put in some weird experiment that went above my head. I contemplated leaving the page empty but then I just filled it up with random stuff that I remembered from the textbook." I heard Ibraheem chuckle and I felt myself calm down. So he wasn't angry now, that is a good sign. "English was my most favorite. It was super easy and I genuinely enjoyed attempting it. Physics wasn't so bad either. Urdu was a nightmare. Math went unexpectedly well despite me failing most of my classes in school. Today's exam was pretty easy, I completed it in the first twenty five minutes." I told him excitedly and then realized the situation I was in. I looked at him as he was smiling and looking at me with soft eyes.

THIS MAN HAD SERIOUS MOOD SWINGS.

But right now I was grateful for that or I would have been the trunk of his car or something. The food arrived but my hunger from before had disappeared due to the anxiety. I noticed that Zoya's and Rubab's food had arrived as well. Since, he was in a good mood he would listen to me right?

"Can we sit with my friends now?" I inquired carefully, I felt like I was stepping on a mine zone.

"Why? You don't enjoy my company?" Of course I do not but I wasn't going to tell him that. "You can meet your friends after you eat with me." I brightened up at that. I quickly grabbed my fork and knife and started to dig in. I noticed him staring at me so I gave him a questioning look.

"What is it about you?" He asked me out of nowhere and I gave him a confused look.

"What about me?" I countered as I called the waiter. I don't know where the newborn confidence was coming from. Probably the food. I instructed him to take my friend's food to them and he complied. I could bet Zoya was starving from the stress.

"It's weird." I looked at Ibraheem who was still looking at me curiously. Before I could ask him what it was, he answered it for me. "You know, I was at a party a few days ago and out of nowhere, I saw you in my arms instead of someone else." I choked on the chicken at his statement as I started to wheeze. He handed me the glass of fresh lime as he started to smirk. "I had the same reaction as you when that happened. I am sure you are thinking 'what the hell?' I asked myself the same question. I kept asking myself that over the past week as well."

I had no idea what to answer that with. What was I supposed to say? Sorry? My bad? Thank you? Excuse me? Astagfirullah? I was literally at a loss of words. I continued to stare at him as I waited for him to say something and boy, he did and I wish he hadn't.

"So, I decided something. How about you become my girlfriend?" Thankfully, I had nothing in my mouth this time or I would have choked again. He had a smirk on his face so I had a feeling I was joking. The words left my mouth before I could even stop myself.

"No way." Misha Yousaf, you are an idiot, how could you forget this man had crazy mood swings because the next minute, his grin disappeared and it was replaced by a scowl. And for the first time in my life, I let out a swear word in my heart. Fuck.

Author's note:

To be very honest, I was planning to add Ibraheem's POV in this chapter as well but I got so tired just writing hers that I decided to drag it to the next chapter. I am still conflicted between writing in third person or writing in first person. I will think on it and let you guys know in the next few chapters. 

Apart from that, enjoy!