Chapter 18

Ibraheem's POV:

May had started and so had her exams. It was like she had disappeared off the face of earth but I had told her I wouldn't mind if she didn't reply to my messages but damn, she really was taking me for granted leaving me on seen and testing my patience like that. My frustration level was reaching new heights. Kamran had told me he was throwing a party back in Karachi so I decided to take a flight back and let out some of the pent up steam.

I had never imagined that coming to Lahore would end up with something like this. Meeting someone like her. She was so different and I had gotten so used to talking to her that it was weird now that I wasn't talking to her as routinely. I enjoyed talking to her, she wasn't like the other girls I talked too, she didn't talk to me because I was rich or handsome or anything, in fact it seemed like she didn't even want to talk to me. I don't think I could ever get used to that feeling.

I had been looking at my phone during the entire way back. She had physics today. I was hoping she would tell me how it went but all she did was leave my message on seen, the one I had dropped her an hour ago about leaving for Karachi today. It was weird that I was waiting for her message. I didn't like it one bit. Nobody makes me wait. I am the one who leaves people hanging.

Well, whatever, she has her exams so it makes sense, I will make sure to make up for the lost time once she is done. If this is her tactic to try to get rid of me, she couldn't be more wrong. I opened my phone's calendar as I carried my bags from the business class and counted the days to June 12th. There was still almost twenty days to go. This was annoying.

I am going to get drunk today, I need to get my mind off her. I don't like her intruding my thoughts every five minutes. I grimaced as I finally stepped into the airport's lobby looking for Kamran or Fahad. Kamran had dropped me a text that he was going to come pick me up with Fahad. They were going to have some pre partying before the official and I knew what that exactly mean. Once, I had spotted them, I grinned as I finally put my phone back in my pocket and walked towards them. Misha Yousaf needs be tuned out now. I gave both of them side hugs and Fahad took that his cue to start roasting me, something I knew was coming.

"Ay bhai, tu tou Lahore baith hi gaya tha, wapis anay ka dil nahi kar raha tha kya? (Ay Brother, you just went and settled in Lahore, did you not feel like coming back?)" Fahad said as he put his arm around me and handed my bags to his guard who nodded at me saying 'Salam Ibraheem Sahab' to which I nodded back and shook his hand. He then carried the bags while the three of us lazily followed while he brought the car around to the front.

"Yeah bhai, I am curious too, what did you see in Lahore that made you not want to come back sooner? You haven't been away for such a long time." Kamran asked me as he lit up a cigarette and handed me a box and lit up my cigarette too. My thoughts drifted to Misha's mortified face when I had seen her at the mall and I let out a devilish smirk.

"Oh, nah I just found something amusing, or rather someone." I said as I took a puff of the cigarette. I grinned as I looked at Fahad who shared my smile as if he knew.

"Kahin pyar vyar tou nahi hogaya tujhe? (You didn't fall in love or something, did you?)" Fahad joked while lighting his own cigarette. A black land cruiser stopped in front of me followed by a Vigo truck. I told him not to bring guards but he just had too. I instructed the driver of the Cruiser to move into the truck behind us because I felt like racing today.

"Ibraheem and pyar? Scene hi nahi bhai. (Ibraheem and love? Not a chance bro.)" Kamran told Fahad as he sat in the back seat while Fahad sat in the passenger seat. I just remained silent. I knew I wasn't in love with Misha, I just enjoyed her company and uniqueness that was all. Nothing else.

"Oh yeah, how can I forget, women love you, not the other way around." Fahad smirked as he patted my shoulder and clicked to open the sunroof. He then opened the dashboard and took out two twin pistols. The moment we were far from the airport, he took half of his body out of the sunroof and started firing in the air while laughing and hooting.

"The life of Karachi has finally returned, fuck yeah!" He roared as he continued to fire. Kamran and I laughed at his crazy antics but he was right, Karachi was the real deal. I felt a void filling me up. The party was at Kamran's place so we decided to go to Fahad's penthouse first to have a little pre party which meant Sheesha and vodka. It was still early for the party to start so we might as well get some pre workout in.

"Aren't you going to meet Taya abu, Ibraheem?" Kamran questioned me as he noticed that my route was going straight to Fahad's place. By Taya abu, he meant my father, Kamran was my father's younger brother's son meaning my chachu's kid. He was a landlord plus an MPA (member of provisional assembly). While my father was an MNA (member of national assembly). Whereas Fahad's father was the owner of the biggest Steel and Road Construction Company in Sindh so he was bat-shit rich and powerful as well with contacts in everything.

The three of us were pretty much untouchable.

"You are right, maybe I should pay him a visit, where is Chachu?"

"He is with Taya abu."

"Perfect, let's visit the big boys then."