Chapter 32

Ibraheem woke up with one hell of a hangover. He was sprawled on a couch in Fahad's lounge with the lights from the window blinding him. He groaned as he got up while rubbing the back of his head. He looked around until he spotted Fahad on his phone on the couch opposite him.

"Aur bhai, hogaye subah? (So bro, you finally up?)" Fahad smirked as he got up from his lying position and handed him an aspirin along with a bottle of water.

"What time is it? Where is Kamran?" Ibraheem questioned as he downed the painkiller while looking around. It was difficult to even get up so he decided to recline back.

"Kamran is taking a shower. It's 4 in the noon. I am going to order lunch in. What do you want to eat? Kamran wants tikkay botiyan and Karahi. You?" Ibraheem blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the light. He absent mindedly tapped his hand on the couch for his phone but didn't see it anywhere. He slowly opened his burning eyes as he scanned the couch. "Your phone is on charging near the LED." Fahad answered Ibraheem's confusion.

"Jo dil karta hai order karlo bhai, mera sar phath raha hai. (Order whatever you want bro, my head is killing me.)" Ibraheem said as he leaned back again from exhaustion. Just how much did he drink anyway? The last thing he remembers about last night is going outside to get a breath of fresh of air and then.....what happened? He remembered hallucinating. He had one of the best conversations in the world with Misha.

I already have you. The words brought a smile to his face and Fahad raised an eyebrow at him. It was creepy for him to see his best friend acting like this. He had a raging headache and there he was smiling at nothing in particular.

"The fuck is wrong with you? Still drunk?" Fahad questioned as he dialed the number to order food. As he placed the order for the delivery, Ibraheem leaned back, placing his hands on either side of him as he smiled at the ceiling, remembering last night and his imaginary confession. He realized he had told her he had liked her. He himself realized that he actually liked her too. A lot. He also remember how brutally she had hung up on him.

It pissed him off enough to make him want to slam his phone in the wall but then he realized, it was just a hallucination and she hadn't actually done it. If she had, he would have been seriously pissed. Even if it was a dream, it had really cracked his ego. Nobody hangs up on Ibraheem. Ever. Nobody says no to him. If he is going to confess, he is not going to take no for an answer. Phir chaiye uthwana hi kyun na par jaye usko. (Even if that means that he will have to kidnap her then.)

"Nah, I just had a good dream last night." Ibraheem looked at him as he felt the headache slowly subsiding with the pain fading away.

"Speaking of last night, who were you on call with? I remember seeing you from one of the glass windows." Fahad said as he put down his phone and crossed his arms over his chest while leaning against the wall.

"I went out to get a breath of fresh air." Ibraheem then paused after processing what Fahad had said. "Wait, what do you mean who I was on call with?" Suddenly, he snapped his head towards Fahad with such force that his headache returned causing his vision to spin.

"You were talking to someone on call. You kept smiling and laughing so I thought you had lost it or something. I thought it would be Bhabhi but there is no way she would talk to you that late at night so who was it?" Fahad was genuinely curious, he had observed Ibraheem for a few seconds while he was on call and it was a hilarious sight to see. One minute he would be laughing and the other he was scowling and cursing out loud.

"Wait, wait. I was actually having a conversation with someone?" Ibraheem questioned as he got up and walked towards the wall where the flat screen television was attached. He leaned down and picked up his phone, detaching the charger as he unlocked it.

"Yeah? Why? You don't remember?" Ibraheem was silent for a few seconds. He checked his call logs. His father had called him an hour ago so there was a miss call from him. He then scrolled down and saw it.

He had actually called Misha at 2:03 a.m. and the call went on for fifteen minutes. Silence fell heavily on Ibraheem. There was only one thought crossing Ibraheem's mind. Sure, he didn't ask her to be his girlfriend or anything but, had Misha Yousaf actually hung up on his confession? Ibraheem Narejo's confession?

......

Misha was mortified. She experienced something phenomenal and horrifying last night. After the confession, Misha went into panic mode and when she noticed that Ibraheem was waiting for a reply, she hung up and turned off her phone. She paced in her room for two hours after that, dreading that maybe he would show up at the door any second like he promised but he never came and eventually she gave in to the exhaustion and slept.

She was not expecting this. She didn't know what to say or do. What was she supposed to say to him when he was telling her he had started to like her? Did he mean it or was it the alcohol talking? Did that even matter? It's not like you were going to accept it in the first place, Misha thought. Unless you want your family to butcher you of course. But it was her first ever time receiving a confession and that too from someone like him, a literal walking time bomb so she really was in a turmoil. It was already four p.m. so maybe he doesn't remember doing it. Maybe, he was too drunk to remember.

That would be good because Misha really doesn't know what else to say to him if he does remember it. I hope he remembers that I can't be his girlfriend. What the hell does he want me to do? I can't return his confession. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. But my feelings don't matter because I can't do something that risky no matter what. He needs to realize my family situation. Maybe, he was drunk so he didn't remember how conservative my family was and what would happen if they get a whiff of this. Misha kept pacing her room while overthinking. She had turned on her phone in the morning and to her surprise had received absolutely no threats or anything so that was a good thing. Maybe, she really was over reacting to this. She knew it wasn't a dream because she deleted his call in the morning from the call log.

When she finally felt at ease with the reality that she wasn't screwed, her phone vibrated on her vanity. She picked up the phone and suddenly all her ease decided to take a dive from a cliff.

Hiba: I am calling you. You better pick up. Find an excuse. And almost immediately Misha's phone started to ring along with the warning bells in Misha's head. She was so not ready for this. Maybe he just wants to check up on her. Yeah, that is probably it. What are the odds? I mean come on, Misha, you can't have such bad luck. With that positive mentality, Misha swiped the phone and placed the phone by her ear.

"Hello?" Misha said barely above a whisper.

"Did you reject me last night?" And Misha's positivity decided to take a leap along with her ease. When Misha remained silent, Ibraheem lost what little chill he had. "Did you hang up on me last night?"

"Uh, yes?" Misha said unsure as her voice got even lower.

"Kyun? Koi aur pasand hai kya? Pasand hai tou batao men mardunga usko. (Why? Do you like someone else? If you do, tell me so I can go kill him.)" Ibraheem's voice rose with every word as he gripped the table.

"No, I don't like anyone else." Misha replied in a soft voice.

"Phir kya masla hai? (What is the issue then?)" Ibraheem said as he paced the room while Fahad watched him with genuine surprise. He looked like he was going to break things pretty soon. Kamran had also joined them in the lounge and looked to Fahad for answers.

"You know why I can't accept your confession. My family. Try to understand. This is wrong, Ibraheem. I mean I respect your feelings but we can't happen." Misha tried to explain but Ibraheem wasn't having it.

"Tou family ka masla hai tou nikkah karlete hen. Phir tou masla nahi hoga na? (If your family has an issue with me then let's get married. You won't have an issue then right?)" Fahad and Kamran looked at Ibraheem in absolute shock while he continued to pace the room with a deathly look on his face.

Author's note:

Well, just when we thought, Ibraheem was getting kinda cute, he decides to remind you all of who he really is. To be honest, this was not how I had planned the story to go but I don't know why, I decided to do this and I have no regrets lol. What did you guys think of this turn?