Ownership

*3rd person P.O.V.*

Koumei was worried ranting about what had occurred hours before. He went back and forth, forth and back in place. Kouha and Kouen watched him. "And the worst part is she recognized this lady!" Koumei finished his rant.

"Brother Mei, calm down. You'll wake poor Y/n." Kouha urged. Y/n was sleeping, her blood-stained clothes still on her back. Kouen had closed the wound, but she'd fainted due to lack of blood and shock. Kouen was sitting beside the female, watching his younger brother pace.

His aggravation was not at his brother, but it was part of it. "SIT DOWN YOU WORRYWART!" Kouen finally snapped; his anger threatening to spill over. "We still don't know about this woman." Thanks to the second prince, however, the woman had been caught, transported to a cell below the castle. The soldiers had little time to react, as she had pulled out another knife, and tried to swing her way out of the problem.

She'd failed, of course, and was thrown back into the cell, now locked. But she seemed to know another prisoner very well. She'd been put right next to, little to the princes' knowledge, her child. The two were currently discussing how the other had been, and being scolded.

But back to the princes. Koumei had sat beside Y/n, his leg shifting up and down anxiously as he watched her breath. "Brother, chill. She'll be fine." Kouha told him. "If she can survive the medium, she can survive a little blood loss."

"Leave," Koumei ordered.

"Are you sure?" Kouen asked.

"I said leave."

"Okay." The two siblings got up, leaving. Kouha looked at Kouen.

"Why's brother Mei so upset, En?" He asked.

"....Koumei's gotten close with Y/n, Kouha. Perhaps we should just wait and see why." Kouen responded. Truly, he did not know why the tactician cared for Y/n so fervently. For when he looked back at his brother, he only saw his friend and a tool. Perhaps he should take a lesson from Koumei's book, and care for her more deeply. Because right now, all he saw in her was a future tool to expand his beloved empire.

Meanwhile, Koumei was holding his beloved Y/n's hand. She had cared for him religiously ever since the two had met, he knew. Every single time they saw each other during her training, she'd asked "How are you feeling?" and he'd always responded. Even if it wasn't always good. If it had been negative, she'd cheer him up with an "I'm sure you'll be able to work it out!" or a "You'll be able to sleep soon, Lord!" and he'd smiled after that.

He wanted to hear her say words of comfort now. He wanted her to hold him, and run her fingers through his hair. He wanted her to be okay. He wanted her to understand why he did what he did. He wanted her. He wanted her to be his. Not Kouen's. Or Hakuryuu's. Or Sinbad's. Or even Kouha's. He wanted her. The male put her hand against his cheek, holding it.

That was another thing he wanted. For her comfort. Her touch. Her laugh. Her easy vibes, and rejuvenating presence. Her. Koumei sighed. Yes, Y/n was his. She was his beloved Y/n. Not that he could make it so. She belonged to no one but her.

And he had to respect that, despite the overwhelming want to shut her up in a cage and protect her to the bitter end. Her hand twitched against his cheek. "Nggn...." She groaned. He let her hand go, happy that he would be the first to see her awake. "K-Koumei?" She whimpered, opening her gloriously vibrant eyes. He smiled.

"Yes, Y/n?" He asked.

"Is everything okay, Koumei?" She asked. Concern shone through her eyes. He smiled, leaning over to kiss her forehead.

"Everything's okay Y/n." He promised against her soft skin. "How do you feel?" He asked, pulling away from her.

"I don't know... everything's fuzzy." The female responded as he pulled the rose-golden lock of hair out of her face. She sat up slowly, looking at him in confusion. "What... happened?" Koumei sighed. How was he supposed to tell her? "I had the strangest dream, you know. It was so real, though. I was talking to my foster mother, Charlotte when you came in the room and yelled my name. Then I become aware of a knife against my back, and you Djinn equipped, and then everything kinda went fuzzy after that." Y/n went on.