Kabanata 15

Kabanata 15

Before Anything Else

My lips parted as he let go of those meaningful words. The mere fact that he wants to keep made me think that it was time to give myself a chance to fall in love. I won't wait for the moment where it all gets worst, gusto ko lang makasama si Eion.

Because moments with him felt like I wasn't the bird being caged by her mother. Malaya ako. Nararamdaman kong kaya kong gawin ang lahat dahil malaya ako. I was free to fly, to fall and to love.

What amazes me is that he started giving my skin light feathery kisses while his eyes were trained to me.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do, Yeah, they were all yellow..." he started singing a familiar song. It was one of my favorite.

" It's one of my favorite song…" I interrupted.

He grinned. " I know, baby…"

" Your skin, Oh yeah your skin and bones. Turn into something beautiful, do you know, you know I love you so, you know I love you so..."

" I swam across…I jumped to cross for you, Oh what a thing to do. 'Cause you were all yellow, I drew a line, I drew a line for you…Oh what a thing to do…and it was all yellow...'"

Ngumiti ako at umusod patungo sa kaniya. The warmth of his body radiated. Naging mainit ang salubong niya sa aking giniginaw na katawan. He remained singing while I made myself comfortable with his soothing touch on my arms. Sumandal ako sa kaniyang balikat at iwinala ang sarili sa dagat ng mga kumikinang na ilaw.

" Do you know, for you I'd bleed myself dry, for you I'd bleed myself dry...look how they shine for you..look how they shine for you…"

"Look at the stars…look how they shine for you, and all the things that you do..."

He ended the song with a kiss on my forehead. The gesture was sweet. And he was natural. Eion don't need so much effort on being sweet because he already is.

" What is your other favorite song?" he asked in between silence.

I chuckled. " Too many. Why did you ask?"

He hugged me from the back. " I'll sing it for you…"

Humalakhak ako ng tawa at bahagyang tumingala para makita siya. " Really? You'll do that?" I asked bewildered.

Tumango siyang seryoso ang mga mata at mukha. Napatango ako at nag-isip. I told him some that I know he was familiar of. And true to his words he sang it for me.

The whole night, what we did was ask questions and he'll sing for me. Marami akong nalaman and I believe that I was lucky to have met Eion. We spent the night knowing each other and that was enough for me.

Because we don't really need labels just to justify what we have. Sapat nang alam naming gusto namin ang isa't isa at masaya kaming magkasama.

" Faigel said he saw you last night on a bar…" ani Ava nang kaming dalawa na lang ang naiwan sa aking kwarto.

Lumingon ako sa kaniya mula sa pag-aayos ng aking mga gamit. Kararating ko lang sa bahay nina Lola at nag-commute lamang ako dahil hindi ako nakatanggap ng text mula kay Faigel na susunduin niya ako.

" Yeah, I was in a bar…" sabi ko at tumitig sa kaniya. Ava stared at me indifferently. Puno ng pagtatanong ang kaniyang mata ukol sa nangyari kagabi.

I sighed. " I'm sorry. I should've told you this before."

" What is it, Forah?"  umupo si Ava sa aking tabi habang ako ay nanatiling nakatayo at nakatingin sa kawalan.