Chapter two

"Damn you for real? Boarding school?" E asked as I dribbled the ball shooting it making the three pointer.

"Yeah talking bout this is best for me. You know ion like people shit you my only damn friend. Then a rich people school they said my grades gave me a scholarship to go there but they still had to cover some of it." I said catching the ball and shooting it again.

"Nigga you bout to be on some Zoey 101 type bullshit." He said making me laugh.

"Man fuck you, I could run away before it's time for me to leave tho."

"Damn near can but ya parents just want what best for ya."

"Moving me to a whole different environment where I'm a misfit at. I'm coo off it. I told them no." I said dribbling the ball some shooting it again hitting all net.

"Wassup cousin" Hassan came up to me. He dapped each other up and me and E went back to playing. For some reason E ain't like him since last year I could feel the tension.

"Like I was saying you should be grateful man, you get to get outta here what every nigga in this damn fucked up ass place is trying to do." He said giving me my change and I made it again. "Shit I know I am even if it is just off of school."

"Maybe this boarding school will help you make it to the league." He said passing me the ball again.

"Nah ion know I think my hoop dreams are dead."

"Dreams never die, only yo grind for them." He said making me think. "At least yo people's want you to do good. I was born to be in a gang you think I don't got dreams? Stay in this hell hole is not what I had planned out for my life but it is what it is." He said passing the ball again and I shot it hitting back board going in.

"He is right." Hassan added. "Lemme get in this game." He asked.

"Catch a airball." E said shooting a three making it. The next time I got the ball I air ball on purpose so he could get in.

"Just watch when we make it out bro. We gone be in the nba serving shit." I said to E while dribbling as Hassan tried to take the ball from me.

"Hopefully." E responded. "I gotta get accepted into a college and shit and ion got the best grades."

"Man yo dad got money though you don't need a scholarship."

"You know how my dad is. He ain't paying for no college." He mumbled.

"It don't gotta be like that tho, ya smart you could make it to college just tell ya dad you don't want nothing to do wit that shit."

"You know you should take your own advice sometimes. Just don't go all Hollywood onna nigga don't turn fake on me." He laughed dribbling the ball then passed it to me.

"We boys man I'll never turn fake on ya. But cmon now man you know yo mouth get you in some fucked up places I ain't gone be here to beat niggas ass cause they think they gone jump my boy."

"Kailin imma be coo you can get outta here and live the worry free California life bro. Don't let me stop you." He said throwing the ball at my head and I flinched at him before calling him a bitch.

"What if you say some wrong shit to the wrong person?" I asked him and shot the ball and it went in again.

"Bro imma be fine I'm lil e remember dad a notorious respected drug dealer." He smiled. "I ain't giving you yo change back nigga cause now you just cheating." He said taking the ball.

"Aye lil E! Lemme get a shot!"

"No bitch!"

"I'll whoop yo ass."