Chapter Seven

Why did Mahkailin stick up for me? Why did he lie and say we were together? Why was I letting the lie continue

Why did Mahkailin stick up for me? Why did he lie and say we were together? Why was I letting the lie continue. Questions I will soon have to figure out but now I was walking down the hall with his arm around me and ya close together like a couple. No one messed with me or said any smart remarks. If this what it took to get them to stop messing with me Mahkailin should have came to our school sooner.

"I couldn't even get a high five and you walking wit  ya arm around my girl? Boy move." Cassie pushed him off me and wrapped her arm around me. Mahkailin sucked his teeth at her I guess Cassie really did annoy him that one time she spoke to him.

"Y'all together?"

"N- yea we is." Mahkailin cut me off. "I knew you liked her when I caught you lurking on her page." Cassie said making his eyes go wide. Lurking? Everybody lurks it ain't nothing to be embarrassed about though.

"We uh gotta go anyways. We'll see you." He said giving me my backpack and I walked beside him. It was kind of nice having him hold my backpack. I got all these textbooks in here so it heavy. But this is our first time even talking. Why would I just go and ask oh can you go back to carrying my backpack.

"We can't keep this lie up." I told him. "Why not? Seems to be helping you. No one fucked with you walking down the hallway." He asked looking down at his shoes.

"Because were not really together Mahkailin." I said in a slightly snappy tone which I didn't mean to. I don't know I guess I was getting irritated. "Sorry for my tone of voice."

"You G." Okay whatever that means. You g? You g?....... ohhhh you good. Okay he's not offended. Im going to have to use that one day. I'm going to sound cool.

"But that ain't no one business but ours. Only if you want to if you don't shit it ain't me getting punked on." He said making me take in a breath. The bullying really is getting tiring. I wish it would stop maybe this would stop that. I can't be faking a relationship when I'm talking to David though.

"I need to think about it." I said unsure about the situation.

"Ion care." He said making me look at him in a way. "Why you so nonchalant?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"So your new here... you liking it so far?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. So now he back to not talking how delightful.

"Where you from?" I asked him. He just kept walking. "You hear me right?"

"I hear you clearly. Just don't know why your still talking?" He said smartly. "How you gone help people stop being mean to me when your being mean too." I mumbled.

"I'm not being mean."

"Yes you are."

"Okay shorty. Why ya home girl Bethany pick on you like tht?"

"It's a long story but it's over something that's old." I said not wanting to tell the story.

"Oh she drawn." He replies. Um huh?