There She lies In Pieces

The goddamn phone was ringing. She wanted to ignore it so bad but having discipline in herself she doesn't have a choice in the matter.

This was supposed to be Erin Beaufort's day off. She was supposed to lie in bed and sleep the whole day and not hear anything from the station or her partner. But of course, she doesn't get that luxury. She squints her eyes as she picks up the phone, the brightness momentarily blinding her. Erin doesn't  say a word when she answers it, knowing that is was Eddie Valiant, her partner on the line

"14th and main, we got a nasty one"

-Click-

Sighing Erin gets up to get a quick wash. She didn't even need to get her clothes out because unfortunately she and Eddie were on call constantly. You tend to learn to have shit prepared for the 'just in case' moments. As she walks into the bathroom, Erin looks at her face in the mirror and isn't surprised to see nothing different.

Unexpressive.

Erin tried to smile but it came out like a grimace. Her amber eyes looked cold even to her, She tried rubbing her face to see if she could relax it enough to make an expression but it did nothing to help. She could move her eyebrows...sometimes. She didn't think she was bad looking, it was just her emotionless face scared people off.. even children. Her upturned eyes make the color of her eyes more pronounced and whenever she stares off into the distance people have commented that she's giving off 'murder vibes'. When she spoke there was no particular emotion in her voice either.

She hopped into the shower.

People also commented much of she is like her father, he also was expressionless and unbelievably out of all his children Erin was the only one to inherit this odd feature, that and the eyes, the black hair and the godforsaken pale skin.

Her older brothers got lucky, While Erin only got her mothers looks and her fathers' coloring (and the unexpressive face) Her bothers inherited their father's looks but had their mother bubbly personality, shades of her blond hair and that beautiful golden skin.

Erin looked at her left arm and remembered when she tried to tan herself. As an experiment, she decided to tan her left arm and see what result would be before she tanned the rest of her. Erin hoped that it would come out in a shade of gold like her brothers so she didn't have to stick out like a pale thumb when they were in public. So, she maneuvered her arm in the sun while the rest of her body was in the shade.  An hour and a half later she came back into the house with absolute disappointment when her arm looked as red as a lobster claw. 

Her mother was horrified.

Her brothers were dying of laughter.

As her mother kept scolding her and conditioning the arm with moisturizers, wrapping it up in plastic wrap, her brothers dub her as "The Claw". Erin ended up sulking in her room until her father came back home a few days later, kicked her brother's asses and reassured Erin with a silent and mental talk, something that she could only do with her father. They would talk with no words, only with their eyes for hours on end.

Back to the present, Erin got herself ready, dark navy button-down shirt and some dark blue jeans and her black Doc Martens. Quickly putting up her hair in a high pony, ah, she's going to have gonna have to cut it soon, it was long enough to hit the middle of her back already.  She adjusted her crescent bangs.

Quickly heading downstairs to the kitchen, she made sure the dogs had their plates full and water dish refilled, considering their not barking at her side meant that they were still sleeping.

Making sure she had her gun, her badge, handcuffs,  keys, and phone Erin left the house with her leather jacket in hand.

Arriving at Main in less than 15 minutes is a record considering that Erin lives on the other side of the city.

________________________________________________________________________________

"You're late." A sourpuss of a man speaks out. Eddie.

"It's supposed to be my day off, I'm allowed to be late Eddie." Erin deadpanned giving Eddie and no-emotion pointed look. "And its three in the morning, if you wanted me early you could have picked me up."

"Too much effort kid," Eddie said while fixing his jacket "And it's my day off too, y'know. Let's get inside I can feel my bones freezing up here."

"After you old man"

Eddie gave her a glare, while Erin's cheek gave a small twitch. He rolled his eyes at her and leading her to the scene of the crime while muttering about 'young idiots'.

As they walked towards the property, Erin's eyes wander around for any signs of disturbances in the front of the house- so far, no signs of forced entry. Eddie must have seen her wandering eyes because he spoke up.

"Killer had a copy of the keys, found them by the scene and took off his shoes as well considering the lack of footprints in the house and it was recently raining," Eddie informed.

"Who is the deceased?" Erin asked looking at the dirt by the windows. No footprints there either.

"Marva Acme" He answered.

Erin paused at that and blinked "Acme? as in the owner of Acme Corporation?"

"The one and only."

She gave a thoughtful hum. Acme huh?  Erin thought to herself. There are a number of possibilities on why people would want her dead. Flaunting her money around, buying companies for the smallest amounts and selling them for a bigger cash value. That and Acme was known to sleep around with married men. That broadens the number of suspects from 1 to 100. She groaned mentally. "Who found her?"

"Her current boyfriend, William Shore,  came back from a trip in Vegas and took a cab here. He told the cabbie to wait for him in front of the house so he can grab some extra cash as a tip when he screamed out and called 911" Eddie motioned to the yellow cab not a few feet away from the house. "Surveillance confirmed his alibi. Shock finally settled in him because as soon as I finished calling you, he threw up on one of the young officers" Eddie smirked at that.

Entering the house the smell of blood is fermented in the air. So far the hallway and the living room were clean of any blood. It looks impeccable, like a picture on an interior design magazine.

Getting into the kitchen was a different story though.

The walls were covered in blood and body tissue. From what Erin can tell the kitchen used to be beautiful peaches and cream colored wonderland is completely distorted is human matter. The countertops were -quite literally- dripping with blood.

"Jesus, was Jason here?" Erin mused while looking around the blood kitchen chop-shop. She looked around for the body, she turned to Eddie with a confused look in her eyes. "Wheres the body?"

"Well... about tha-"

"I got another here!" A forensic examiner calls out, coming into view a detached hand in a bag. Dropping the detached limb in a large ice box with othered bagged up body parts.

"The bastard cut her up in pieces" Eddie scowled.