Charming wake-up call

(Yeah I know, another chapter up already?! I got slapped with inspiration as soon as I uploaded the last chapter and I couldn't help myself. Don't get used to it though okay? Enjoy!)

What the fuck?

What the actual fuck?!

Erin stared at her phone unbelievably for a few moments, any sense of lingering sleep washed away from her. How the fuck did Jessie get her personal number?!

"Jessie Rabbit?" She asked just to make sure it wasn't her mind playing tricks on her. 

"The one and only darling, unless you know any copycats out there." He chuckled warmly.

"Tell me, how in gods good green earth did you get ahold of my number Jessie?!" She hissed out. Erin was able to put everything that happened in the club in the back of her mind, she let the case take over her head and forgot all about Jessie. Now she's reminded of that heated lingering look he gave her before she left with Eddie. 

It made shivers go down her spine.

"Well, a magician can never reveal his secrets, can he?" Jessie's voice had a smirk aline to it. 

Erin frowned, she thought of the ways he could have achieved to get a hold of her number. Finally, she glared at the wall in front of her. "Eddie." She scowled. "Eddie and Betty." 

"Oh my, what gave it away?" 

"Eddie isn't stupid enough to hand my number to anyone....But if he was distracted by a beautiful woman that he fancies then he's weak-kneed" She groaned pinching the bridge of her nose 'I'm going to kill him'

"Darling, you don't think I have other means to find your number?" He simpered. He sounds mighty pleased with himself.

"It's the only logical way and don't call me 'darling' Rabbit." She fumed. He was making lose all kinds of sleep. Erin knows that she can hang up the phone but that will mean that he'll just keep calling her up to annoying her. 

"Alright then, I'll just call you by your name...Erin" Jessie purred closely to the phone receiver, so much so that you can hear the vibrations of his voice.

 Erin nearly dropped her phone. Her spine shivered in the most delicious way ever, she felt her face heating up and her heart rate skyrocketing.

Oh my. 

Oh my...

"H-how did you get my name?" She stuttered, she actually stuttered!

"It wasn't so hard, your name along with Eddie's was printed on the paper since the investigation you're working on is huge, you two caught the attention of the local newspaper." He hummed, letting out a low groan as if he was stretching,  

That sound did things to Erin. 

She took a deep breath in and exhale out to calm herself. "Why did you call me? Do you remember anything about Acme that you want to report?" Keep it professional Erin, Keep it professional.

"Hmm, Nope"

Erin frowned. "Then why are you calling me for?"

"Because I wanted to hear your voice again and hopefully see you once more." Jessie responded. 

"I'm going to hang up and block your number Rabbit, Goodnight" 

"Erin wait, please" He begged through the line. Again, that tone of his made her stop. 

Begging doesn't suit him at all. 

"What?" She didn't care if her tone was rude, she wanted him to leave her alone and to stop messing with her. Erin doesn't do flirting.