Surprise!

Erin had woken up some time ago and sat up cross-legged on her bed, uncaring if her breast were exposed to the cool air in her room. Next to her lied a sleeping Jessie, his lower body entangled with the bedsheets, his hair spread around him like a red halo and is the picture a peace. 

How Erin envied him. 

They had sex. They had lots of sex. They had numerous amounts of toe-curling, eyes-rolling sex and for the life of her, Erin can't seem to regret it. And that's the problem.

She doesn't regret it. 

Rubbing an agitated hand down her face, Erin continued to glare at the wall and silently cursed at herself. She broke protocol and slept got personally involved with someone of interest in a currently open case. She winced at the thought of Gonzalez's getting word of this or god forbid the media. She could lose her job, her pension and her reputation. 

And yet she doesn't regret it at all. Like all her hard work doesn't matter to her at all. 

But why? Why doesn't it matter anymore

'I love you.' Jessie smiled at her.

Erin closed her eyes a took a deep breath in. Jessie had ruined her. 

Damn him. Damn Jessie. Damn the whole fucking world and damn Eddie. Why couldn't they leave her alone in her world of darkness and upmost loneliness? No, not lonely Erin had her dogs with her. And besides, what was so wrong with living her life alone?

 Being alone meant not having to feel the hurt when people leave you for good. Not having to constantly look over your shoulder wondering if the person you care for the most in the world is going to get fed up with you and leave you behind. Being alone was the one thing that kept her safe from the dangerous job she has. 

Erin hissed at the sudden burning from her scar. 

Ahh, of course, the scar didn't always flare-up when she was alone.

The more Erin thinks of everything the more she realizes that IF she ever to go back the way things were before... she'll feel even lonelier than ever... like this entire empty house will swallow her up just like it swallows up any empty noises.

 Erin got too used to hearing Jessie in the morning fighting with the dogs and nervous chuckling when they growled at him, his cooking, his kind words and warmth laughter that filled up the entire house. his blushing when Erin points something stupid about him, the warmth in his hugs, his sweet talks in her ears and most of all Erin got too used to see that smile of his.

'I love you.'

Looking at Jessie, Erin felt her heart beating ten thousand miles a second and her face burning up to a million degrees and her stomach doing a fluttering sensation. This wasn't the first time she felt like this around him.

'I love you'

Erin covered her mouth and closed her eyes as the emotions bubbled up in her throat, burning her, fighting at her for release and her heart banging loudly against her chest wall.

'I love you.'

'I love you.'

".....I love you"

She cowardly whispered those three little words to Jessie, the quietness in the room made them sound louder than ever. Jessie roused slightly (Queue Erin having a heart attack) but settled once more, his lips quirking into a smile. (Heart attack avoided

Erin huffed at him. The heavyweight on her chest ease back a bit and went back to her thoughts.

"...mmhm Erin?"  A sleep-filled voiced called her.