A Hollywood Tale...

Jessie was enjoying his meal, though he could go without the dogs glaring at him but it's not so bad. There was a comfortable silence between Erin and him, every so often Erin would look at him and turn back to her meal. He had to hold his chuckling in because it was just too cute, he realized that this was a perfect moment to get to know Erin better. 

"So tell me, darling," He asked while taking a sip of white wine "What your family like?"

Erin was still and stared at him with narrowed eyes. Jessie was worried she would brush his questions asides seeing as she hadn't moved for a while, finally she relaxed.

"Well, they are a loud and overprotective bunch with a mean pranking streak that would put Harry Potter's Weasley twins to shame." Erin twirled her fork "Nevermind that they are geniuses and have great careers that they love... I'm proud of them."

Jessie smiled at her. "So you're the youngest?" 

She gave a snort "What gave that away?" Rolling her eyes at him. "My mother was persistent in having a girl, she worked my father dry and after many tries, they ended up with three boys and one girl."

Okay, good she was loosening up. "Can you tell me about them? What are their names?"

"Well," Erin pushed her rice around. "Let's go by the order you saw their pictures in, shall we?" Jessie nodded in agreement. "The big muscular one is Nathan, the 3rd born, he works in pediatrics center as head nurse. He loves kids and gets along with them because he practically he is a kid. When it comes to being an adult he whines about it but he loves the fact that  head nurse gets to boss around the doctors and reminds them about the human aspect of medicine and not just the science." 

"He must be loved by the parents," Jessie thought about it and he can actually see the man being surrounded by children, it was an endearing thought.

Erin gave a snort that almost sounded closely a chuckle. "He gets bombarded constantly by single mothers and he has to hide from the lot of them, last Christmas he was given in overflow of lasagnas and calling cards for one nightstand that his boyfriend had to come down and hash everything out." Her posture grew stiff and there was a sharp look in Erin's eyes as she stared at Jessie, trying to gouge at his reaction towards her brother's relationship.

Jessie blinked. "Let me guess, serval mothers cried and tried to tell him that he's wasting himself on a man when he can have any woman he wants?" He rolled his eyes "Heard it before and trust me it gets old."  Erin relaxed at his words and her lips gave a little twitch. 

"College boyfriend?" She asked with humor. 

"Something like that" Jessie blushed and gave a cough, not wanting to talk to Erin about his past relationships. "So what else?"

Erin seems to enjoy his discomfort if that little twinkle in her eyes meant anything but she pacified him. "Six months of constant flirting and harassment, Nathan decided to marry Caleb and they have a good life right now, They recently came from a six-month cruise and should be sending me a bunch of crap from their trip soon." She pauses a bit. "I seriously hope if just snowglobes..."

Jessie wanted to ask her about that but kept his much shut. "So that Nathan... now, who else?"

"The next one would be the second-born son, Lionel." Erin frown at her empty wine glass and went to fill her and Jessie's up along with plating more food for both of them before continuing. "Lionel is what we call a...'chaos on wheels' which for works well with his career, he works as a high-life party coordinator but in reality, he brings life to those boring events and makes sure everyone has to good time or is shit-faced enough not to remember the stupid things they did the night before...basically he's a hype man for the rich and extravagant."