An Open Home For The Rabbit

"CALLING ALL UNITS, CALLING ALL UNITS, THIS IS DETECTIVE MARIA RODRIGUEZ, THERE HAS BEEN AN EXPLOSION IN SPRINGE DRIVE, WE HAVE AN INJURED PERSON HERE! I REPEAT THERE HAS BEEN AN EXPLOSION IN SPRINGE DRIVE WE HAVE AN INJURED....." 

Erin felt all the blood drain from her body when she heard the radio call. She wanted to run and grab the next police cruiser to the explosion site bur Gonzalez stopped her.

"Move aside," She hissed at him, Erin had no patience for the man.

"Listen to me Beaufort, they're bringing him here, I want to keep this here and away from the press as far as possible. They said he only suffered a mild concussion so it's okay."

It's okay? it's okay?! How can you say that?! The safe house we offered him got blown to smittherings Gonzalez! How the fuck is that okay?! Kindly tell me how the hell did his happen?"

Gonzalez filched at her cold tone. He can feel her anger coming out in waves and he tried not to shuffle his feet out of nervousness, Erin had unnerved him today and he felt shameful towards his actions. He knew he had to represent the precinct and had to keep a cool and calm demeanor but his own personal problems always get the best of him. In a way, he envied how the young woman in front of him for keeping a cold persona with everyone.

Luckily for him, the sirens for the precinct cars were pulling up. It was a quick two beeped out code that the precinct came up with when they were carrying an injury suspect or one of their own hurt on the job. It was quick enough for anyone to think it was an accidental touch to the sirens and none were the wiser to think much of it.

Maria came in first, looking absolutely annoyed at the undercover EMT questioning her. There was dirt covering her coat and pants and her hair, she had smudges of dirt on her face as well. Erin walked up to her quickly and handed her some wipes.

"Thanks." 

"You alright?" 

"I will be if this asshole doesn't quit asked me pointless questions!" She hissed at the EMT, her green eyes glowering holes at him. If Erin wasn't so worried about Jessie, she would have found this hilarious.

The EMT gave sneered at her "Its part of protocol ma'am." 

"So is my foot up your ass." 

He glared at her. "You seem fine, if you excuse me I'll deal with the other patient." He stomped his way outside towards the back.

"Stupid asshole." Maria mumbled as she cleaned up her face and gave Erin a small grin "So I guess you heard the excitement hmm?"

Erin gave her a withering look "How the hell can you be so calm about this?! You almost blew up!"

Maria raised an eyebrow at her. "You forget that I was in the army right? Not the first time I nearly got blown up sweetie and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last, as for why I'm not freaking out now and not as I did when I called? I'm high on adrenaline and I'm gonna feel it soon give it a minute or so." Maria gave her a small smile. "I'm gonna call my wife, she can handle me." She held out her phone.  "Now go check on pretty boy, he got hit on the back of his head with some debris and don't worry I see three of our boys keeping an eye on me"

Erin turned to see three senior officers along with Gonzalez, sitting not far from where Maria was.  They nodded towards them and kept their eyes on Maria, keeping guard on her. Erin nodded back to them and waiting till Maria's wife picked up the phone before she left her table.

Right now she had to go check on the Jessie.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------