The scar that caused it all...

'Damn it to hell.'

That's all Erin can think right now. Her sight beginning to spot after looking at the computer screen for so long. The pictures collected at the crime scene are making a jumbled up mess in front of her.

"Damn it." She sighed, closing her eyes and rubbing at them. 

"Keep looking at that screen you're gonna go blind kid" Eddie groaned from his desk. His arms hanging from the sides of his desk while his head his on his keyboard both eyes closed Both of them have gone through every scrap of evidence and both have concluded that something didn't make sense.

"...Why didn't our robber take what we needed when Acme was killed?" Erin asked, leaning back to her chair and looked up to the ceiling. 

"That's the million-dollar question that I've been asking myself too." Eddie opened one eye. "When you figured it out, tell me, cause my heart is hurtin' really bad here"

Erin drummed her fingers on the desk and hummed. 

"...Have you called to check up on Jessie?" 

That stopped her movements.

"No."

Eddie sat up and stretched "Hmm.. you might wanna call him, might make him happy."

Erin glared at him. "I'm in the middle of a case Eddie, I don't even call my brothers, what makes you think I'm going to make an exception for him?" 

"Cause you like him? in that way?" Eddie's grin was cheeky. 

"...Get my love life out of your head, you old cockroach and stop gossiping with Rodriguez!" She hissed at him.

Eddie laughed at her and left to the coffee area as Erin continued to glare at his back. He's lucky he's her partner or else a stapler or have been launched at his head. Thanks to his nosiness her thoughts are brought back to Jessie.

Jessie.

Jessie and the kitchen. 

She shivered. 

Damn it, Jessie.

To be honest, Erin had pushed Jessie and this morning earlier actions in the back of her mind but that didn't mean that red-head handsome idiot touch wouldn't linger in her thoughts and make her remember this morning scene. Truthfully....Erin was embarrassed. 

Yes, she was embarrassed about how cowardly she ran from Jessie.

Goddamnit Jessie!

If Rodriguez hadn't interrupted them Erin would have gladly spread her legs open and enjoyed the fucking of the century. Release all that built-up tension of years of dealing with idiots and stupid cases that had created knots of stress on her back. Jesus, Erin would have road him to the morning and night, enjoying all the aches that come with it.

But again this was Jessie. A man who is trying to get to her heart.

Erin gave a sigh. This wouldn't be alike her one-time-stand. Usually, Erin would scout the bars in far off areas and find someone who would have sex with her, use them for the night and leave when her partner for the evening was in deep sleep. And yeah she made sure they were drunk enough not to remember her face but sober enough she had consent. Consent is everything people.

Those men at the bar were just something for her to scratch...a very sexual itch. To use Jessie for something like that was just...wrong on so many levels. 

But if she were to think about it...

Maybe...just maybe Erin could allow Jessie in. I mean, she was already fond of him, right? Maybe taking a step forward towards Jessie wouldn't be a bad thing. Was fond the right word for it all? No, maybe Erin was-