Chapter Two

Three days have passed and my room was finally completely unpacked and ready. It's late and I just hung up my last shirt. Well okay I haven't gotten my bed made. But to be fair my bed stuff is in a box I have not located yet.

And Carries been insistent that I sleep in her room until mine is finished. She said I shouldn't have to stay in there till it feels like my mini home. It was sweet of her.

I walked down the stairs and walked to the kitchen where my mom was getting dinner ready. "Have you found my bed stuff?" I asked. "Umm I think Matt said he found it this morning. He's in his study." My mom said.

I nodded and walked towards his study. "Hey Matt mom said you found my bed stuff?" I asked. "Oh yea it's in our room." He said. "Thanks." I said.

"Hey Lilly?" Matt called. "Mhmm?" I asked.

"Thanks for being so great to Carrie. Your all she talks about. And you know you can still call me dad." Matt said.

"You're welcome. And I'll call you dad when it feels right." I said walking out.

I grabbed my bed stuff and went upstairs. My comforter was a dark grey and I had white throw blankets and a lot of decorative pillows. I loved my decorative pillows. On said "cute but psycho but cute" one had a coffee written in cursive, one had "the snuggle is real", and the last one had "not a morning person". I loved my bed get up.

"Foods ready!" Mom called and I walked downstairs behind Carrie. "Two more days and you're going to starts school. Are you nervous?" Mom asked as we got out plates and sat down.

"A little. My last school was big and you just had to have your group. Carrie said everyone knows or knows of everyone here so I'm nervous about that." I said taking a bite of the pasta.

"Trust me you'll fit in. You're pretty, athletic, and smart that kinda covers every group." Matt said. I nodded. "Since it's Friday can Lilly take me to the park?" Carrie asked. "Just for like an hour?" Carrie pushed. "If Lilly doesn't mind." Matt said. I nodded at her seeing her smile widen.
~~
I pulled up the the park. The sun was setting and there was a group of little kids and a group of my age looking kids.

"Yay you can make friends!" Carrie said grabbing my hand as we walked towards the park.

I quickly scanned over myself. I had on high waisted denim shorts, gray converse, and a blue tank top that ended two inches over the button of my shorts. My hair was straight since I got bored and I had on at least mascara. So I was definitely presentable.

We neared everyone and a girl called out. "Carrie who's with you?" On of the teenaged girls called with a little girl Carries age walking up to her.

We walked up to them as Carrie answered. "This is my sister Lilly!" She said excitedly.

"This is Lilly?!" The little girl asked Carrie. Carrie nodded at her. "I'm Charlie!" She said before grabbing Carries hand and running off.

I smiled at them. "That's my sister. I'm Samantha." The girl said smiling. "Nice to meet you." I said. I looked at the two other girls with her. "I'm Lisa." The blonde said. "I'm Rebecca." The light brown headed girl said. Samantha had black hair.

"I didn't know Carrie had a sister. How old are you?" Samantha asked. "I'm seventeen. I'm her half sister." I explained vaguely. "I remember you! You left around first grade year!" Rebecca said.

I nodded. "Matt's my dad. He cheated on my mom with Carries mom and stayed with her. I guess my mom has been with Matt for two years now. I found out a month ago when I was told I was moving here." I stated.

"He has seemed happier for the past few years." Samantha said. I smiled. "Yea my mom too." I nodded. "He's a great guy." Samantha reassured.
~~
The hour past quickly and I told Carrie it was time to go. "It was nice meeting y'all." I said. "You start school Monday?" Rebecca asked. I nodded. "We'll help you out then. And if you don't find us in the morning then you can sit with our group at lunch." Lisa said. I smiled gratefully at them and walked to the car before leaving the park.
~~
I sat on my couch talking on the phone with my best friend. "I met three really nice girls today." I said excitedly.

"That's good. Not replacing me yet right?" She asked. I turned and looked out the window. "Definitely not." I stated.

"Wow I just realized how close my house is to my neighbors. Like I could stick my arm out my window and hit the window across from it." I said thinking.

"Don't stare at someone's window that's weird, and I know you so definitely don't see if you can touch the window." Taylor said.

I rolled my eyes at her, mainly cause she knew I wanted to see if I could touch the window. "I've lived here for four days and that rooms light has never been on. I think I'm good." I stated.

As if on cue the light flicked on. I jumped and let out a shriek as I rolled of the couch out of sight.

"Lilly what happened?" Taylor asked. "The light in that room turned on." I said. She laughed at me.

"It's not funny. Should I see what my neighbor looks like?" I asked sarcastically. "You won't!" She said seriously. "Bet!" I said back before peaking out the window.

There was no curtains on the window. "I don't see anyone." I said. Suddenly a person came into view. "Hot damn." I let out my heart speeding up.

"What do they look like?!" Taylor said excitedly.

"He has to be the hottest guy I've ever see Taylor." I said. He was at least six foot. He wore black sweats and had no shirt on. Abs... there was definitely abs. He had black hair, I couldn't quite make out his face but I could tell it would be hot.

"How hot?!" She screamed. "Hot hot." I said.

He suddenly turned and I dropped to the floor. "I think he saw me." I said.

"Well do something!" She said back. I army crawled outside my room door than stood up and walked back into my room.

I glanced out the window and saw him quickly look away. I then shut my curtains mainly so I wouldn't look at him.

"Okay I'm good." I said. "I'm gonna have to visit you soon." Taylor said.

"Yes you have to meet Carrie, she is the cutest kid I've ever met." I said. "Hey I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to go. Talk to you soon!" Taylor said. "Yea bye! I love you!" I said. "Love you too." She said before I ended the call.

I sighed before realizing I'd actually have to socialize with the very attractive neighbor of mine, and it'd probably happen soon.