Chapter Four

It was Friday and the school day was coming to an end. The first week was over.

I've gotten close to Samantha, Lisa, and Rebecca. I've spoken to Jason everyday, and occasionally his group.

Jason always talked to me at my locker before school got let out.

I sat my backpack in my locker when my eyes were covered. "Guess who." Jason whispered in my ear.

I remembered our conversation Tuesday when he told me he found Austin's voice slightly annoying. "Austin?" I joked.

He swiftly spun me around. "That's not funny." Jason said.

I smirked. "I mean I thought it was pretty funny." I said shrugging. "So I got you a present." He started.

"Don't you think it's to soon to be giving me presents. I've known you for a week." I stated. "And you're the coolest girl to walk North-highs halls." Jason said.

"What is it then." I smiled. He pulled out a small card. "I pulled some strings and got you season tickets to football basketball and baseball this year." Jason smiled.

I loved watching sports and I couldn't help the huge smile crossing my face. "But why?" I asked.

"Those happen to be the three sports I play and I need a number one fan." He said. "When's the first game?" I asked.

"Tonight." He said nervously. "I'll be there." I stated. "And there's a party after the game at Tyler's dads house." Jason continued.

"Is that who lives by me?" I asked. "No I'll send you the location." Jason said as the bell rang. "I'll see you after the game." I smiled before he took off. I closed the door of my locker and smiled. Jason was a sweetheart and I'm glad he's my friend.
~~
I stood in the mirror, I had on a red long sleeve tight fitted shirt with black denim shorts. It's the only thing I could get close to school colors. I also had on my black vans and my hair was still straightened from today.

Carrie ran into my room. "Can I go to the game with you?!!" She asked excitedly. "Carrie I already told you you stayed home sick today you can't go to the football game." Matt yelled. Carrie rolled her eyes. "Next game." I said holding my pinky out to her. She locked hers around mine with a huge smile. I kissed her forehead before walking out.
~~
I pulled up to the stadium and locked my car. I double checked for my card. I had brought extra money just Incase.

I walked to the entrance and flashed the card. They nodded and I walked in. The team was warming up.

"Hey you must be new." A voice I'd never heard before said. I turned and saw a guy in a blue and gold letterman jacket.

"Umm yea I'm new to North-high." I said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I knew I'd never seen you before and I'm pretty close to some people at north-high." The guy said. "Well I'm Lilly." I said trying to be friendly.

"I'm Ethan. I'm kinda a big athlete at my school." Ethan stated. "Then why aren't you on the field." I asked. I didn't like cocky people.

"I don't play football. I play all the other sports." He stated. I nodded. "If you wanna ditch the game I can show you my mad baseball skills." Ethan said moving closer to me.

A arm snaked around my waist. "She's spoken for." Tyler's voice rang. That's when I realized he wasn't wanting to be friends.

"Ahh should've known Tyler would jump for the chance of a new face. Probably ran out of other people huh." Ethan stated.

"Nope." Tyler stated not letting the insult get to him. "You don't date Tyler there for she's not spoken for." Ethan said.

"Spoken for." Tyler said his voice going deeper.

"Whatever I see they finally kicked you off the team." Ethan said changing subjects. "Nope just this game." Tyler said before walking away his arm still around my waist.

"Thanks." I stated. "Sometimes it's better not to be nice. Get it through the guys head he doesn't have a chance." Tyler said slightly angry.

"I didn't know he was gonna hit on me. I didn't realize what he was implying till after you said spoken for." I stated frustrated.

"You're to innocent to be that pretty. Of course he was wanting something I mean look at you." Tyler grumbled.

This was weird. "Anyways why aren't you playing?" I asked as I realized his arm was still on my waist guiding me.

"I was late everyone morning for the first week. Coach bargained with the teacher to bench me for the first game to get the marks removed." Tyler said.

We began waking up the stairs of the stands and got to the student section. "I see my friends." I stated.

"Just realized all my friends are playing." Tyler said scratching his neck. "Do you know those guys by Samantha?" I asked feeling bad.

"I know of them." He stated. "Great you're sitting with us." I stated grabbing his hand and guiding him up the stairs saying the occasional 'excuse me' and 'sorry'.

I noticed the looks the girls I passed were giving me and remembered he was one of the guys every girl wanted.

"Hey guys." I said as I sat down under them, Tyler sitting next to me. "Tyler got benched this week and saved me from a dude named Ethan, thought he could sit with us in return." I said noticing them glancing at Tyler.

Samantha snorted. "Ethan is the biggest man hoe in our district." She stated. "I'm pretty sure he's slept with at least five girls from every school, and probably all from his." Rebecca rolled her eyes. Gross.

"Please stand for the singing of the national anthem." The announcer said cueing the game was starting.
~~
It was fourth quarter and we were down by one, it was our ball with seven seconds left. "Six man is way more intense than eleven man." I stated my foot shaking rapidly.

"I told you you would like it. Who talked you into coming?" Lisa asked.

"Jason. He gave me this." I stated flashing the card. "He had to pull some major strings to get one of those." Rebecca said her jaw dropped.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "That's a pass to get you and two extras in with you. The team gets them for their parents. I know for a fact Jason already gave one to his parents so I don't know how he got another one for all the sports." Tyler explained.

My heart fluttered at the fact Jason went through all the trouble to get another one. "That's so sweet of him." I stated as the whistle blew cueing they were about to start.

Suddenly they hiked the ball to Damon who quickly and perfectly threw it it Jason. "Go Jason!" I yelled standing up with many other fans.

The buzzer went off as the announcer spoke. "Touch down Tigers!" I jumped up and down. "He did it!" I said happily.

"If we hurry we can make it to the gate and see the guys before they get to the locker room." Rebecca said. I nodded and followed everyone.

We got to the end of the mini people tunnel as the team began walking through. Many players stopped to speak to family and what not and Jason stopped at our group.

"Glad you made it." He said to me. "Of course." I answered as he looked at Tyler. "Get back on the field we would've smoked them with you." Jason said before he kept walking.

I looked at Samantha, Rebecca, and Lisa. "So what am I supposed to wear to this party?" I asked. "Well it'll start in like thirty minutes, and honestly you look fine. I'm just going to wear this." Samantha said.

She had on a white crop top and red shorts. "Okay, also do you think I can get a ride. I have no clue how to get there." I said.

Jason has yet to send me the address and although I trust him I didn't wanna risk it. "Yea I'll pick you up since I live across the street. Be ready in twenty minutes." Samantha said as we all went our own ways.