Chapter Twentyeight

I wish I could say a lot happened in the past month or so, but I can't. I wish I could say they caught Ricky and all my worries are gone, but I can't.

I'll let you in on the negatives first. Four more people have been killed by Ricky. Three that looked like mom and one that looked like me. All in cities getting closer to us. There was one lady that told the police a man named Ricky was tournamenting her but he got away before he was caught.

Nobody in town knows about it, despite me begging mom to let local police and residents know.

On to brighter news Tyler and I couldn't be closer. I stayed home a lot now only hanging out on Friday's, and Tyler would climb through my window and we'd talk for hours.

Anything Amy had me worried about drifted away. I even had thanksgiving with his family. His grandma is the sweetest human on this earth, well when she isn't asking if she should expect grandkids.

She claimed I was the first girl she's ever been introduced too and it's the only way Tyler could be tied down. Somehow got my way out of that conversation alive. Let's come back to reality shall we.
~~
December fifth.
~~
I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I groaned and sat up. I grabbed my phone and realized it wasn't my alarm but Samantha calling me.

In fact my alarm wouldn't go off for another five minutes.

"Samantha I love you, but you better be telling me the sky is falling since you just woke me up." My morning voice raspy from the lack of water.

"Well it kinda is. It's SNOWING!!!!" She cheered.

"Really?" I asked excitedly before jumping up and looking at my window.

Sure enough snow covered the ground. I looked up and saw Tyler shirtless also checking the ground out.

He looked up and smiled at me. I grinned back before letting my curtain fall.

"Also I'm not allowed to drive on icy roads, I crashed last time, will you give me a ride to school?" She asked.

"Of course. Be ready in twenty minutes. We should leave early so I can drive slower." I said. "Thanks love you!!" She cheered. "Love you too." I smiled. I've grown so close to my friends here also in the past few weeks.

Taylor also go close to them, we'd face time her all together once a week. I still had my nightly phone calls with her of course but it made me happy to know my new friends got along with my forever best friend.

"Carrie be ready soon!" I yelled most likely waking the entire house. I quickly threw my hair in a ponytail before curling the ends. I rushed through my make up routine smiling at how successful it was. I then threw on my favorite jeans and I huge sweatshirt a friend gave me from my old school's football team.

You couldn't even tell that's what it was from, but it was my favorite sweatshirt.

Walking out of my room at the same time as Carrie I smiled. She grabbed my hand as we walked down the stairs and to my car. Samantha waited at the car shivering.

"Hurry up!" She groaned. I smirked wickedly before releasing Carries hand and quickly making a snowball and throwing it at her.

She gasped as I laughed. My laughter came to halt as something cold hit my back.

Now Carrie and Samantha laughed as I turned around slowly to see Tyler grinning at me. "You'll pay for that. I'll sneak up on you when you least expect it." I threatened.

"I'm sure you will babe." Tyler said my heart melting at being called babe. He knows it melts my heart and only uses it when he thinks I'm mad.

I smiled. "One day you won't be able to use that stupid word against me." I mumbled as he walked towards me. "Whatever you say princess. Drive safe. I'll see you at school." Tyler said pressing a kiss to my lips before going to his truck.