Chapter Twentynine

Matt's worried face stared back at me threw my window. I shakily got out of my car locking it behind me. "What's wrong?" Matt asked looking at the paper in my hand.

"He's here." Is all I could get out.

"What do you mean he's here? How do you know?" Matt rambled. I handed him the letter and envelope. "Let's go inside." Matt said as soon as he got it in his hands.

I walked threw the door and sat at the kitchen table. "Hey honey how was school?" My moms happy voice echoed threw the kitchen as she was walked in.

Matt had his full attention on the letter. "What's wrong sweetie?" She asked once she saw my voice. "I think you should read this." Matt said handing her the letter.

Mom read the letter quick before sitting down and reading it again. "He's here." Was all she got out.

"We should go to the cops." I said anxiously.

"No I'll inform our FBI agent. They'll get in touch with our officers." She said trying to form a plan.

That's when it hit me. If they don't catch him before Christmas Eve, I'd be dead.

Tears streamed my face as my mom took a picture of the letter. I grabbed it back and put it in the envelope.

I walked up the stairs envelope in hand walked into my closet. Adding the note to my box I hid it back behind my jackets.

I crawled into bed after shedding my clothes and throwing on one of Tyler's shirt I stole.
~~
"Lilly mom and dad need you. They seem worried." Carries voice woke me up. I looked at the time and saw it was already twelve thirty. How did I sleep so long?

"Okay thanks Carrie." I mumbled blowing her a kiss. I got up and threw my hair in a ponytail before walking down the stairs.

Matt and Mom sat on the couch, papers flooding the coffee table in front of them. I sat on the floor in front of the coffee table.

"We talked all night with the FBI. There's no trace of him whatsoever. He's going to be hard to catch. So we had to make a plan." Mom started as she organized papers.

I sighed rolling my head in a circle causing my neck to pop slightly.

"You get out of school the nineteenth. That's the Thursday before Christmas. Friday morning were going to send you to a house in a small town about two hours from here. Far enough he won't be able to find you but close enough if he runs you can get back. Until then you're only going to and from school. You park in the garage. I'm only doing day shifts and I'll have a undercover agent there so if needed I can hide if he shows up. When you leave that Friday we're going to stay at your grandparents. It's close to my job so I can work my shifts but get to and from quickly. If you think someone is following you, do not stop driving. Go to the ice cream shop. There will be an officer there everyday after school for thirty minutes before leaving. You have to leave straight to the house from school so he'll still be there if you need him. Do you understand?" My mom said in all seriousness.

"Yes." I answered shakily. "These are the papers to your house. You can invite some friends. We have it rented out till December twenty-seventh. We hope to have you home by Christmas Eve." Matt said handing them to me.

I flipped threw the information. From security code to safe rooms to pictures of the entire house, I felt so overwhelmed.

It was a beautiful house with hot tubes in the back and two stories. "I'll invite some people on Monday. I definitely don't want to be alone." I said already saddened they were sending me alone.

Moms phone rang and she answered it quickly walking into the kitchen. "Everything will be fine." Matt reassured me pulling me into a hug. I had to be strong.

There was no way I was going to let this man get to me. I was safe at home. And until I was convinced otherwise I promised myself I'd be okay.
~~
The weekend was grueling. I never left the house and had to come up with random excuses on why no one could come over and I couldn't leave.

Luckily Tyler was at his dads and couldn't just climb through the window. I talked to Taylor a lot this weekend. I haven't told her anything but asked if she wanted to go to the house with me during Christmas. She agreed of course but still had to ask her parents.

Monday was now upon me and I had to leave the house for the first time. I wore black skinny jeans and a oversized hoodie. My hair was braided and I just applied mascara.

I made my way down stairs. "Remember straight there and straight back. Carrie is going to start going to school with Matt since he has to leave earlier now." My mom stated.

I nodded and grabbed my keys and walked into the garage. I pressed the door button and made my way to school.

It was the most nerve wracking drive ever. I was filled with me constantly looking over my shoulder and in my mirrors until I got to the parking lot.

I quickly grabbed my bag and got out locking my doors. I walked quickly towards the crossing street to get to the school.

As I stopped for the bus to come to a stop so I could cross arms wrapped around my waist.

My heart began to beat rapidly as I squirmed out of the grasp and readied myself to bolt to the school.

"Lilly it's me." Tyler's voice said making me turn to face him.

Relief washed over my body as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"What's wrong, are you okay?" Tyler asked. "Yea just watched a scary documentary last night about a girl who got kidnapped." I lied smoothly as I took his hand and walked quickly across the street.

I didn't slow my pace down until I got in the school. "Are you sure you're okay?" Tyler asked. "Yea for sure." I reassured before flashing a smile. "Okay." He let the topic go as we walked to first period.
~~
I grabbed my stuff from my locker as the final bell rang. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. I wish Jason would still come to my locker everyday. I needed him.

My phone ringing snapped me into reality. It was Jason?

I answered it quickly. "Hey what's up?" I asked as I began walking.

"Hey I'm walking to the field house for practice and there was some dude sitting in a car next to yours. Same creepy car as Thursday. Is he family or something?" Jason asked making me stop in my tracks.

"No he's not my family. Maybe to someone else." I tried my best not to sound nervous. "Hold on Lilly Austin is telling us something." Jason stopped.

I heard him sigh. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Coach had to cancel practice. We really need it. We're playing the state and it's going to be a tough game. You're gonna come watch right?" He asked.

"Of course I'm supposed to ride with the girls. We're going to make a weekend trip from it." I said before realizing I might not be allowed to.

"Hey I'm back at the school. I'm going to walk you to your car just in case." Jason said. "Thanks I'm turning to walk out now." I said before hanging up.

I walked out of the doors and Jason stood waiting for me. "I don't think I saw him on the walk out but it's kinda a sketchy car. Mainly cause I don't know it but still." Jason explained.

I calmed down a little. "Thanks Jason. Means a lot." I said as we crossed the street.

"Anything for you." Jason said as we got to my car.

The other car had to be gone cause there wasn't any near mine. I faced Jason and felt bad.

"I miss you." I couldn't stop the words from coming out.

"Don't. I can't hear things like that cause I get my hopes up. You're all I want Lilly and it's been hard to keep my distance but I see how happy you are right now." Jason said breaking my heart.

I nodded and looked down but was surprised when he pulled me into a hug. "I miss you too." He said before walking away.

I sighed sliding in my car. I started it and jumped as I noticed a man watching me from the distance. I squinted and took a great full breath when I realized it was just the football coach. I waved before speeding to my house.

I just want to get away. Away from everything and not have to watch my back. But not everyone gets what they want.