Memories

As both countries arrive at America's condominium (the whole skyscraper is owned by America but he only uses one unit cuz' duh), America immediately excuses himself to the bathroom.

Philippines, on the other hand, is left to wander around the diamond-worth of the place and can't help but be mesmerized at the jaw-dropping elegance.

The place was encompassed by two floors, connected by a winding glass staircase. The walls are littered with arranged pictures, paintings and other hanging memorabilia that goes in theme with the color scheme of black, white and beige, with enough amount of lighting and decorative and beautiful plants and bonsais (obviously from Japan). 

But the most eye-catching, eye-wrenching beauty of the condo is a large glass window from the top floor that gives a beautiful birds-eye-view of the city. 

That took Philipp's breath away.

Without any doubts and hesitations, Philippines dropped his bag on the hardwood floor, took out his phone and begins to take selfies in every crook and corner, promising to post each photo to his Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and his other social ...

Without any doubts and hesitations, Philippines dropped his bag on the hardwood floor, took out his phone and begins to take selfies in every crook and corner, promising to post each photo to his Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and his other social media.

He was enjoying the time of his life!

Then he stopped.

He stopped at a corner that is barely visible from the living room.

He slowly put his phone in his back pocket of his jeans and slowly approached the hanging memorabilia on the wall.

.

It was an old M16 rifle, the gun used in World War 2. 

.

Under it was a rusty bronze plate with words that read:

"The shame, the ones who died without a name."

Chills went down Philippine's spine as he stood there, frozen in the rush of emotions as he looks back at the war. It was like replaying a nightmare all over again. He despised it, he remembers everything. The smell of copper blood. The sound of heart-crushing cries. The tight space of the fox holes. He remembers the nightmares.

He was so focused in the antique when suddenly...

"Boo!"

"AY BOBONG TINPAKLONG NG NANAY MO!!!!  AMERICA!!!"

America laughed so hard he was clutching his stomach with beading tears in his eyes as Philippines jokingly punched America's arm.

"Bobo ka! G*go! P*ta ka! Why did you do that?! That scared me to death!!!" Philippines whined while he puts out an angry huff, pouting his lips.

"I'm so sorry! Hahaha! I just saw you and- pfftt- I need to do it." America stated as he rubs his arms and straightened his posture rubbing Philipp's hair.

 Then he saw the rifle and looks at Philippines with a painful smile.

"I- I actually hanged that gun not as a trophy but as a reminder of that time," America explained forces out with a soft, strangled voice.

"Hey, I know it's hard. Believe me, I know. But everything is fine now, aren't they?" Philippines stared at America, radiating a sense of comfort and forgiveness hoping that it'll ease the bigger country.

"Look at me, Philipp," America manage to look into Philippine's eyes, maybe for attention or maybe for honesty, maybe forgiveness to ease his guilt. It suffocates him.

"I was once your captor. I lied to you. Strangled you. I made you suffer. Heck, other countries are still even scared of me! They're  scared of me!" America looked away blinking away his tears which thankfully didn't drop to embarrass him further. 

He didn't mean to explode to Philippines, he doesn't want to show his vulnerability, but it came out like rapid fire.

"What did you think when you saw me again?" America manages to ask turning his head back to Philippines.

America knows that he hates him.

He knows what to expect.

He knows what he is.

He's a monster.

He knows what Philipp will say as the smaller country opens his mouth to immediately say

.

.

.

 "I thought you were one of the kindest people I've ever met."

"..."

Oh.

Oh my GOD.

Philippines immediately realizes what he's said and feels heat paint him like a cherry all the way to his shoulders. His chest lights up like a lantern when he stammers, "I-I-I mean, no- NO, YOU'RE REALLY KIND, GOOD, BUT I DIDN'T MEAN TO- Oh my god, I'm making you feel awkward... you're, ah, you're-"

America coughs into his hand as he did not expect Philipp to say that and blood creeps over his cheeks. "Thank-thank you. I'll...keep that in mind."

Silence creeps between the two countries as both fidgets and tries to look at each other. Both did not expect for the conversation to go through a sappy drama to an awkward confession (if you call that a confession). 

America was about to say something when...

~GROWL~~

"Pfft... that's so loud." Philippine's stated as America was again flushed with embarrassment. At least it broke the ice between them.

"Shut up, I haven't eaten since yesterday." America retorted.

"Then, Let's eat!" Philipp jumped giggly.

"Yeah, wanna go down to McDonalds?" America turned his heels as he marched to the front door.

"I love to... Ya don't have any Jolibee here right?"

"Nope"

"Ah, walang Jabee."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nevermind that."

"Why?"

"Cuz' McDo might be mad"

"Pfftt... Why?"

"Shhhh!!!"

Laughter can be heard as they close the door.

-----------

"The shame, the ones who died without a name." is from the song 'Holiday' by Green Day.

I will update this fic irregularly cuz' it depends on my schedule. Charot!

Tata!!