Chapter 5: We will talk about it

Spain doesn't really know how to handle this situation. He wants to let go, but he still remains beside him, beside Philipp, running in the rain.

Philippines is now holding his hand. He's holding firm while they're running in the rain. Just like in movies, how lovers held their partner's hand while they rush to evade the shower.

.

It's not romantic, it's awkward.

.

The thing is, Philipp also clutched America's hand earlier on the opposite side as the three ran, Philipp leading the way.

Judging by the face America gave him, he knows that the American country thinks of the same thing:

'I feel like a third wheel.'

Finally, they turned in a corner straight to the entrance of America's condominium and quickly enters the building before they get wetter.

"Ay putek naman, basa tayo." Philippines grumbled as he tries to brush off his soaked shirt letting go of both Spain's and America's hand.

"We better hurry upstairs before we catch a cold" America insisted. The soaked trio agreed and immediately headed to the elevator with trails of droplets behind them.

The Philippines is quite stressed in his soaked clothing and thankfully he's still clueless that the other two is secretly eyeing on him. The atmosphere is comfortable for Spain's pleasure. America admits that he quickly adjusts in Spain's presence even though he is still unease.

The elevator's door was about to close to head up when a hand suddenly blocks it opening again to reveal someone with dagger piercing eyes.

.

.

It was Russia.

.

.

The elevator door shuts quickly giving no escape to anyone. Trapped

As immediate as the atmosphere change is also how fast Russia zooms to America, without any care he grabs America's dripping shirt, meeting him eye-to-eye. Fuming rage is all over Russia's facade, not caring yet of the other two inside the elevator.

Philippines and Spain anticipated what will happen next assuring that both will try to make break them if a fight was to go loose.

"Hey, Russia." America surprisingly acknowledges the raging country with calmness.

"I came personally to yer office to find out that yer in plannin' on a vacation, ty конское дерьмо (you horse shit)! We need to talk." Russia thundered. "I hate to make an effort if it includes you, мясная голова (meathead)" Russia bellows

"Just let go of me Russia. We'll talk but not here and not while I'm in this state." America dictates as he made an effort to push away from the Russian.

Russia let go of his grasps with an annoyed huff and leans at his nearest side of the elevator which is beside Philippines as crossing his arms.

"Hey, little chum. What are you doing here?" Russia beamed as he faces Philippines with a small yet sincere smile. 

He became soft in front of Philipp?!

"Oh! You see Ruski umm... long story short, I came here for business met America and he asked me to stay with him while I'm here. Spain tagged along until the rain... or storm stops" Philipp explains.

"Hmm? He asked you to stay?" Russia looked at America with disgust.

"I also asked that, Amigo." Spain huffed to Russia sharing the same look at America.

"It was out of kindness!" America fumed.

"I barely doubt that." Russia implied.

"Los mismo comigo. (The same with me)" Spain backed up.

"Why are you siding up with Vodka here?" America questioned Spain as the other closed his mouth, not wanting an argument.

"Вы животное! Я знаю, ты пытаешься заставить моего маленького друга снова тебе доверять. И не думай, что я тебя не вижу, Испания. Я знаю, ты тоже хочешь играть в эту игру. Держись от него подальше, вы оба!" Russia blasted out in full rage using his language knowing that they do not understand the slightest but his voice shows threat.

"Sandali  lang (wait a minute), what are you guys talking about? Are you all fighting because of me?" Philippines quickly interjects oblivious of the topic, looking back and forth between the three towering countries. Hurt and despair in his scrutinizing eyes.

Guilt suddenly shot the bigger countries to halt.

"No Philipp! We were..." America replies but an excuse didn't fall out in his tongue. He looks at the other two with distress, dropping his pride, just to ask to lighten up the mood.

"Amigo, It's not like that. It's just a little misunderstanding" Spain quickly saves.

Russia didn't say anything looking away.

Philippines was quiet for a while.

"I don't want any fights. Look I'm a simple independent country. I signed agreements and we're all at peace for now, right? So please, avoid having war with each other. We're all friends here." Philipp pleads. He always tries to help, to make peace.

The three hesitantly nodded to Philippines without a sound.

"We know." Russia forces out with a broken voice looking at America and Spain, but Russia's reply left Philippines at ease, gradually, regaining the previous composure of a jolly country.

The tension is still heavy inside but it gradually drops to normal. The elevator ride feels like the longest time that spent in a closed-tight space under a minute.

When a 'ding' was heard and a wash of relief washed off the tensed countries. the elevator doors opened and America led the group to his unit. Unlocks the security and let them in.

What will happen???

....................................................

Translation of Russia's rage mode:

You are an animal! I know you are trying to make my little friend trust you again. And do not think that I do not see you, Spain. I know you want to play this game too. Stay away from him, both of you!

I kinda want Ruski to be early in my story. So suffer, darlings. Don't worry, Japan's gonna arrive maybe soon, or is he?

Facts:

Spain is in America's NATO contract (see facts in the previous chapter), but Spain is in neutral mode with Russia which pisses off America. Spain doesn't want to side with anyone for now.

Many Filipinos are people-pleasers which means they want to please everyone, doesn't want war but they are also fighters. Just like Dr. Jose Rizal's book title 'Noli me Tangere' which means "Huwag Mo Akong Salingin" or in English "Touch me not".  DO NOT PROVOKE ANY PINOYS, THEY MIGHT BITE.

art by abditiveanomaly

Thank You for reading!!!