Chapter 23: Traitor/s

Mexico was just minding his own business, literally.

Working to earn like the usual thing. Selling his famous churros, tacos, and nachos accompanied with cold drinks.

Mexico isn't that rich and he's not poor either. He's still a developing country unlike his neighbor, America, who shines in glamor with riches and power.

Now, he serves as a cane of the limping country because of their height difference. He is walking beside America, aiding him while America uses Mexico as a cane, pressing his weight.

They've been avoiding the hella noisy crowd while passing where there's only a few countries and states.

With all America's effort, he hides his pain while walking trying not to wince in his suffering. Gladly, one notices.

"Can you at least tell me what is happening?" Mexico asked.

America just sighed.

"I don't even know, Mexico. All I need is to go to the dressing room as soon as possible." America then tries to fasten his pace.

They were nearly at the dressing room's corner when America spotted Britain picking up something that looks like a phone.

"Britain!!!" Mexico suddenly intervenes which made the English country to turn his heads towards the direction of the voice.

"Ah, Mexico! America, son, I just found Russia's celly. He must've dropped it." Britain explains as he waves a phone with the unmistakable Russian texts on its lock screen.

"That is Russia's phone. I always borrow it whenever we meet to take pictures of us... And his siblings" Mexico squeaked suddenly confirming that its Russia's phone.

America can't help but huff an annoyed breath at the fact that Mexico is meeting up with Russia.

"Can I have the phone?" America suddenly urged Britain to hand over the lost-and-found item. He doesn't have any reasons other that he might exploit some information on Russia's secrets.

"But it's Russia's." Britain immediately raised a questioning eyebrow.

"I will keep it and will hand it over once I found him. I can even ask Canada if he can relay it to Ukraine." America pursued

Despite Britain's suspicion he still handed the phone to America's hand.

"Thanks, Dad." America offered a small smile to Britain. It's not entirely true but it still convinced Brit to trust America's words.

America and Mexico then turned and proceeded to the dressing room.

As the two countries walk away, Britain can't seem to take his eyes off on America. Something isn't quite right. He wondered if he had said something wrong at the rooftop. His concern circulated in his head but he turned and walk away. He took one last glance at Mexico and America by instinct.

It was just then Britain saw that America is limping as he walks.

... In the dressing room...

All Philippines can see is a blur. His eyes all puffy and red from all the crying. He still quivers at the nightmare that happened a while ago. It felt like as if decades wrapped him with fear. Now he was being comforted by his neighbors, best friends, inside the dressing stall.

He was surprised when Vietnam appeared and no matter how much he doesn't want them to see him like this, he just crumpled in their arms.

For some reason, Japan, Spain, and Russia kept their distance from Philipp. Japan and Spain don't want Philipp to have flashbacks on what happened on their colonialization, to make him feel inferior and such. They knew too much of the past and even they don't want any flashbacks.