Chapter 31: Nightmares

Trigger warnings: mentioned sexual themes, nightmares

2:09 am

America can't sleep. He is often called insomniac and he doesn't renounce it. He does try to be better with his sleeping schedule.
Tried...

But there was a motive why he can't sleep on this particular night.

He kept on glancing at his phone reading a text message that creeps up anxiety in his skin

🇨🇳China:
I'll call you later, my cowboy. We need to talk.

My cowboy...

Chills jerked through his entire body as he gawks at the nickname that China gave him a long time ago.

Honestly, America and China did have a good friendship in the past. They're great business partners and a really terrific companion. They were compatible.

That was until their relationship came to be toxic and took a sour turn. America didn't know when or how it happened... he just one day comprehended that both of them are trying to slit open each other's necks and they backstab one another.

They still remain close, but America doesn't know what to define China. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer...

Sighing deeply, America resolved to take some fresh air outside and maybe walk along the seashore.

As soon as America opened the door of his room, he noticed that the kitchen light was turned on. He hesitated but his inquisitiveness got the best of him. America went to the kitchen to investigate.

"Russia?" America questions rather than saying it as a confirmation as he sees the Russian who was leaning on the counter.

"Тупица (dumbass)" Russia acknowledges America in a rather unique address. Russia was holding a lowball glass with a transparent liquid inside. And he's just wearing his grey sweatpants.

America's blood began to rise. He was about to make a remark to Russia when he suddenly saw a newly opened bottle of vodka at the countertop.

"Are you drinking vodka in the middle of the night?" The American questions.

"Are you gonna make fun of me in the middle of the night?" Russia questioned back.

America raised an eyebrow. This is unusual for Russia to just comeback a sarcastic tone without any threats in his words. He chose to go on with the flow.

"You're awfully silent today..." America nagged.

"Maybe I don't want to disturb the others who were sleeping" Russia replied.

America can't help but agree. It was pretty late and somnolence is evident in Russia's eyes.

"Then why aren't you asleep?" America asked again.

"Same question, why aren't you asleep?" Russia mimicked.

"I can't sleep" America answered

"Then I have the same answer, I can't sleep" Russia replied and he down up his drink.

America can't help but scoff at Russia's lame answer. The atmosphere was not heavy and was way more leveled.

"You're kind of a jerk, you know." America sneered at Russia.