Chapter 22: Change

... America's side...

America excused himself from the group moments after Philipp left and went straight to the rooftop through private deals.

He does own the building, so he can do what he wants.

He rakes in a breath of air as his lungs are filled with the city's atmosphere. Inside, he feels numb and anxious.

A lot has happened.
He remembers rushing his 200-page report for the UN and now he's dealing with visitors from all around the world in his supposed to be a vacation in the middle of South Korea's album release.

Lighting up his cigarette, to calm his nerves down while he was having an internal debate whether he'll call the Chinese or not.

Truth be said, even if China is one of America's major competition, he still has a great dept with the Chinese being one of his biggest business partners that highly influence his economy.

It is certainly a love-hate relationship between them and both have a mutual gain in this relationship they have.

But America nearly punched the Chinese and called him a "crazy dog-eater"
He really needs to talk to him...

"Ye're really here... Ain't that fancy?"

America slowly turns around as he knew who was behind him carrying a thick accent.

"Well isn't that nice? Come to visit me, old man?" America smirked as he puffed out the nicotine smoke.

"Ye've grown to be a strong and powerful one, and a prat wanker to your kin," Britain remarks, taking a step closer beside America.

America anticipated what the English man will do next and to his surprise, Britain took out his pipe, lighting it up and puffing gray smoke as he joins America.

"You still use that old pipe of yours? You're so old!" America snickers and laughed

"You lack respect, bloody hell" Britain bites, America was getting into his nerves slowly but he relaxes and continuous on...

"You're the most rebellious amongst yer siblings. I can't help but think where that stubbornness of yers came from"

"Oh? Didn't you know that I got it from you!" America sarcastically jokes eating a glare from Britain.

"Now watch your mouth, ya lad. Your jokes are going to far!" Britain snares and America just couldn't help but laughs.

America has issues with Britain in the past. Fighting for his independence and earning the right to be free.

He became a worldwide sensation after he gained independence until he became a global superpower.

Britain just kept silent and looks at the bustling city streets below, huffing out his pipe and filling the air with the scent of the cigar.

Both remain in peace for a few minutes that felt like hours.

Nothing is awkward, nothing is strained, nothing is unpleasant.

All they feel is nostalgia and remembering the past with no regrets.

"Do ya still spite me, son?" Britain suddenly utters without second thoughts.

America was surprised and speechless. Britain wasn't looking at him but the strained voice is evident in the English man.

America tried to find the right words to answer as he opens his mouth but no sound came out. Minutes passed and America gave up on trying to find any response to Britain and turns himself to silence.