Chapter 33: Eastern

6:58 am

Indonesia opened his eyes gradually as he adjusts his eyes to the subtle morning light peeking out from the white curtains. He snoozed heavily through the night and he does admit that he had a good night's sleep.

Indonesia stares at the ceiling as he ponders what he just dreamed of. It was one of his dreams that always repeats, replaying over and over.

Where they hang out in the sun and share jokes and stories.

Where they cuddle in the roof as they watch the stars up above.

Where they will meet up in a coffee shop and just fell in love.

Where they were destined as soulmates.

Where Philippines loves him back...

But no, that's not reality.
The reality that Indonesia is facing right now is that it's hard to fell in love with your best friend.

It's about being selfish or being selfless.

Indonesia sat up of the bed and groggily rub his eyes and yawn. He looked at his phone to look at the time and decided that he will go down and maybe look for coffee.

.
.
.

"Buenos Diaz, Indo" Mexico greeted the Indonesian as he reaches the kitchen. Mexico was preparing some breakfast consists of whatever was on his fridge.

The sun rays were already pouring into the kitchen which was replenished with the savory scent of chopped onions, garlic, and some mouth-watering food.

"Good morning, Mexico. Do you have anything warm to drink? Like tea or maybe coffee?" Indonesia asks as he gazes upon Mexico.

"It's on the second cupboard, the kettle's on the stove. Help yourself with anything while I finish up breakfast." Mexico smiled before returning back on his breakfast menu.

Indonesia nodded and got some coffee from the cupboard and prepared himself the drink. A comfortable hush fell between them as they both busied themselves in the kitchen.

"Did you sleep well last night, Mexico?" Indonesia asked as he tastes his coffee.

"I did have a good rest till this morning..." the Mexican responded but trailed off as he was thrown into deep thought.

Indonesia caught the difference in mood and he was sure something went low.

"Mex?" Indonesia placed his cup down and look at Mexico with concern.

"Hm... ah, its- I'm fine but..." Mexico looked at Indonesia and collects his breath. Indo relieves Mexico to continue.

With one big sigh, Mexico told Indonesia what happened that morning. How he was awakened with Paco climbing to his bed to hide because of the noise outside his room. How Spain recapped him of what happened and how Martial reacted.

After finishing, Indonesia released a huge breath he didn't know he was holding.

"What will happen now?" Indonesia asks the other country in the room.

"I honestly don't know... We will cross the bridge when we get there" Mexico answered before both of them fell into silence. They were nervous, and that's an understatement.

They were terrified.

"Where's Martial now?" Indo raised a question to Mexico.