⌊ six ⌉

seungmin woke up the next day with a much better feeling, its as if he didn't had a fever at all

seungmin woke up the next day with a much better feeling, its as if he didn't had a fever at all. he reminded himself to wear a thick jacket before he go out of his house or else he'll be dealing with another fever is his body can't handle the cold for the second time and he don't want that.

"young master, your dad called just before you went down for breakfast" younghyun, a loyal servant of the kim family said as he entered the dining room.

seungmin just overcome a fever but now he felt like getting sick again after hearing younghyun's words. he's not really the closest to his father, to his parents rather. well, he was close with them but note the 'was', past tense, means he used to be close to them but not anymore. hearing something about his parents after almost three months of having no news about them made seungmin hate them more.

"what did he say this time?" seungmin asked in a 'no interest' tone as one of the maid put foods on his plate.

the first time his parents called from a long business tour, which was seungmin's first year of handling their business, they didn't even bother to greet their one and only child but straight to the point asked about the company that seungmin is handling. no hi, no hello, no how are you, but a how's the company is what welcomed him when he was once excited to answer the phone, thinking that he can finally talk to his parents that he missed so much but it turns out that they don't care about him.

since then, seungmin made sure that he won't answer the house telephone so he won't be talking to his parents. younghyun is the one assigned to answer every call and to just deliver it to seungmin after.

"he asked if you're fine now because they also called last night and i told them that you're sick. your mother was also worried because she knew how your body react when it can't handle the cold" younghyun answered.

seungmin paused from cutting the ham that he was eating when he heard younghyun's words. it felt like his body froze as he drink water to calm himself.

"there's no way that they'll ask about me" he denied, shaking his head no as he continued eating, faster this time so he could leave the house immediately. "heck, there's even no way that they'll be worried of me being sick"

younghyun didn't explained further as he watched the younger finished his foods in no time. younghyun has been in the mansion ever since his parents worked for the kims and until now he's still a loyal servant alongside his parents.

younghyun had seen seungmin grow and how he also grew distance from his parents because of business. he knew how close seungmin was with his parents but ever since his parents started going to business trips and made seungmin handle their business alone in korea, he distanced himself from them. he can't blame him though, seungmin's parents think that the younger is a grown man now but they didn't know that he wants affection from his them, which he didn't get and now he's pushing them away.

"i'm done. i'll leave now" seungmin declared, still with his frowning face as he wiped the side of his mouth with a napkin, fixing his necktie as he got his coat from a maid, putting it on.

"and oh, your father said they'll be home next week" younghyun reminded but seungmin pay no mind and walked out of the mansion, entering his car and let the driver drive.

as seungmin sat on the backseat, still in a bad mood at the mention of his parents arrival, he felt his phone vibrated inside his pocket, he get it and saw that it's felix.

"hey seungmin!" felix greeted, a bit too excited despite it being a cold morning. "mind if you give changbin a day off today? he said that you won't let him have a day off if he ask you, so now that i asked you, would you let him?" he requested.

seungmin's brow furrowed at the latter's request. "and why would i give him a day off?" he asked sternly, he can hear an, 'i told you, he won't let me have a day off' which was changbin's voice that got a shush by felix. there seungmin knew that felix is in the company again.

"we'll just go out on a date since its been a while since our last date? you see, we can't do that inside your company" felix laughed awkwardly.

"don't you have work for today, lee yongbok? you should be at your job instead of chilling in my company with my secretary" seungmin sighed and felix immediately answered an, "i took a day off!"

"fine, but just for today. there's a lot of work in the company, my parents are coming home next week from their business trip" seungmin reminded. he heard a cheer from the other line, probably felix yeeting his excitement out.

"alright! thanks, seungmin! you're the best!" felix thanked before he ended the call. seungmin just let out a soft giggle at his friend. so this is the feeling of supporting a friend with their love life?

he just put back his phone inside his pocket when it vibrated again, this time it was jisung who is calling. even though confuse at the sudden call of his friends, he still answered.

"what is it? you'll also ask for a day off?" seungmin greeted as a joke.

"oh? how'd you knew that?" jisung asked in shock.

seungmin gasped. "you'll really ask for a day off?" he exclaimed.

"well, not for me but for minho" jisung answered.

"and who's minho?" seungmin questioned.

"he's that guy in charged on the information desk of your company" jisung answered with a soft giggle. seungmin then remembered now.

lee minho, he's really an eye catch as what seungmin noticed from other employees and he even got his friend's attention now.

what's with seungmin and his friends having his employees involved in their love life?

"fine, go ahead" seungmin surrendered.

"really?!" jisung asked giddily.

"yeah"

"yehey! thanks seungmin!"

and with that, the call ended. it lighten seungmin's mood though it would be better if it's hyunjin who called him.

seungmin's eyes widened at the sudden thought. hyunjin just crossed his mind and he don't know why. why would he think of hyunjin when they're not even together and just saw each other last night? weird, there's his heart beating abnormally again and he can feel his cheeks heating up. seungmin shook his head and tried to calm himself.

what's with hyunjin that it always make him feel this way even with just a mere thought of him?