⌊ eighteen ⌉

totally setting aside their almost kiss yesterday, both hyunjin and seungmin and now inside hyunjin's car, driving to the kim's house, or mansion rather

totally setting aside their almost kiss yesterday, both hyunjin and seungmin and now inside hyunjin's car, driving to the kim's house, or mansion rather. seungmin was fiddling nervously with his finger, biting on his lips, hyunjin noticed and scolded him.

"don't bite your lips, it'll bleed"

seungmin's teeth immediately let go of his lips.

"i'm sorry, i'm just...nervous" he apologized.

"don't be nervous, it will be alright"

"i hope so. thank you for coming with me, hyunjin"

"you're welcome. you know i can do anything for you"

seungmin didn't say back a word as he felt his heart flattering at what the doctor had said. he can feel the butterflies in his stomach getting out from their cage. he felt guilty that hyunjin needed to take a leave from work today just to accompany him but he's also really thankful and touched because hyunjin had told it himself, he can do everything for me.

hyunjin continued driving as seungmin stayed quiet at the passenger seat. looking outside the video as he sighed quietly, thinking to himself. if only he has a deeper relationship with hyunjin, not just friends or a patient and doctor relationship, then maybe, just maybe, he'll be dead by now because of hyunjin constantly making his heart flatter. hyunjin's been acting sweetly towards him, and it surely wasn't just a friendly gesture, but seungmin was loving it so much. he likes it. he likes hyunjin.

he doesn't remember when did he realized that he likes the doctor. sure, they knew each other for a long time now and they have been living with each other for a while now. the first time he saw hyunjin was when the latter went to their house for seungmin's first check up and seungmin admits that he was hit by the doctor's visuals. he looks so professional, so precise with his movements that seungmin can't help but took interest on him, especially that the doctor was the same age as him, seungmin felt comfortable with him.

that resulted him to always call the doctor even though he wasn't sick , he wants someone to accompany him, to give him the attention that his parents doesn't give him. it's just that, hyunjin gives him safety and comfort, some of the things that made him develop feelings for the doctor.

if only he feels the same way to me.

"have you told them that you'll talk to them today?" hyunjin asked. seungmin nodded shortly, shrugging unnecessary thoughts.

"yeah, i called younghyun earlier and he told me that he'll tell my parents about it. they're probably waiting for me now" seungmin answered, suddenly feeling nervous again, he heaved a sigh, calming himself.