⌊ eight ⌉

once hyunjin's break was over and his long talk with jisung, he found himself in a pastry shop, now dressed with a casual polo shirt and jeans to buy seungmin's favorite cake, a strawberry shortcake, as a peace offering of avoiding him for a whole...

once hyunjin's break was over and his long talk with jisung, he found himself in a pastry shop, now dressed with a casual polo shirt and jeans to buy seungmin's favorite cake, a strawberry shortcake, as a peace offering of avoiding him for a whole week now and maybe- just maybe show him how he cares for him.

"one box of strawberry shortcake please" hyunjin told the cashier as he handed him his card to pay.

hyunjin smiled as he remembers how much seungmin loves strawberry back when they ate at a cafe. he can still remember how his eyes sparkled once he got a taste of the strawberry shortcake and hyunjin would love to see that again.

"here's your strawberry shortcake, sir" an employee called him as a box of strawberry shortcake was placed on top of the counter.

hyunjin immediately stood up from his seat and went to get the box, muttering a soft thank you before he got a hold of the box and exited the pastry shop to go to his car.

he placed the box on the passenger seat with care, afraid that he would ruin the visual presentation of the cake if he won't be careful enough at handling it. after doing so, he hurriedly went to the driver's seat and went off to seungmin's company.

hyunjin was supposed to go to seungmin's place so he called at the place. younghyun got the call and hyunjin comfortably asked if seungmin was there. hyunjin actually got closed to the elder after so many times of getting a call from him just because seungmin wants him in the mansion, they often talk before hyunjin would go to seungmin's room about random things that they could come up with.

so back to the topic, hyunjin called and asked younghyun if seungmin was there but unfortunately, younghyun said that seungmin was at the company so hyunjin ended up going to the company and happened to stopped by a pastry shop after remembering seungmin's likings of strawberries.

hyunjin drives comfortably as day6's song, you were beautiful, blasted from the car radio as he sometimes bang his head to the beat of the song. getting immersed from the song, hyunjin was reminded of seungmin again because he recalled the time when the younger said that he really idolized day6 that was also the time when he heard seungmin sung the exact same song that is currently playing, but that was also the time that hyunjin thought that seungmin is actually beautiful. it may sounds weird because seungmin was a guy, but hyunjin thinks that that was the best word to describe the latter, whether he's a man or woman.

"beautiful, just the way that you were calling my name, but without you it won't be the same~" hyunjin silently sang as he remembers seungmin again through the lyrics.

he suddenly remembers how he felt so tingly when seungmin calls him 'doctor hwang', a lot of people calls him that, patients, nurses, other doctors or even his friends call him that, but only seungmin could give him that foreign feeling.

hyunjin unconsciously smiled as he realized that seungmin is really finding his way to his heart. he remembers seungmin in almost everything now. he can't say that this is love, but he's sure that he's taking a liking towards the younger and he's more than willing to accept this growing feelings.

once he arrived at the company, he parked his car at the available spot before going off the car to go to the other side and get the box of cake out of the car with gentle motions before he went to finally enter the company, going straight to the lift and pressing the night floor where seungmin's office was located.

the elevator made a ding sound once he arrived at the ninth floor as he immediately stepped out of it and walked down the hallway towards seungmin's office with light steps and brushing his bangs back in the process.

but even before he reached seungmin's office, he saw changbin who just exited the place. hyunjin made an abrupt stop when they came face to face. changbin looked at him.

"hyunjin? what brings you here?" changbin asked the taller as he held his folders that was about to fall out of his grip.

"ah, i just came to see seungmin and have a talk with him" hyunjin answered shyly, earning a look from changbin.

"alright, i gotta go. sir kim's inside his office" changbin told him before he walked passed him, looking at his watch as if he's chasing some schedule.

hyunjin shrugged and went to open seungmin's door and entered, being welcomed by the sight of seungmin doing something on his laptop. their eyes met when seungmin looked up to his direction with slightly widened eyes.

seungmin stood up and crossed his arms. "what are you doing here? weren't you ignoring my texts and calls?" he asked the older with a raised brow, making hyunjin gulped at how intimidating the other looks.

hyunjin gulped awkwardly as he lift the box of cake to show it to seungmin who raised his brow again as a sign of asking him what is it. "i brought you strawberry shortcake as a peace offering in ignoring your texts and calls for one week now" hyunjin said. "i was just really busy in the hospital, it's winter and there's a lot of case of fevers and colds" hyunjin half lied before he silently said an, "and i was also busy at sorting my thoughts and feelings out" but seungmin didn't hear it.

"you should've at least texted me that you can't answer my calls and texts or something through all these days that i've been texting and calling you" seungmin whined and pouted. don't get him wrong, he believed at what hyunjin said but he's still frustrated and irritated at the fact that hyunjin did all that to him. he misses him.

"i'm really sorry, i won't repeat it again, i swear" hyunjin promised and raised his right hand that was not holding the box. "so let's all forget that now and just eat this, shall we?" hyunjin giggled.

seungmin huffed before uncrossing his arms. "you sure of that, hyunjin? because i'll throw you off a cliff if you break that promise" he threatened but hyunjin doesn't find it threatening at all because seungmin looks so cute with that pout.

hyunjin chuckled. "yes, yes. i don't want to be thrown off a cliff" he joked.

and by hearing that, seungmin's pouty face was replaced with an all smiley and hyunjin legit saw that eye sparkles again when he looks at seungmin's eyes whose gaze is on the box of shortcake, it made hyunjin giggled. oh how much he love seeing that expression in seungmin's face.

"i'll call changbin to give us plates, forks and knife to cut the cake" seungmin suggested as he speak on the intercom that was connected to changbin's office.

as he did so, hyunjin walked towards the coffee table inside seungmin's table and place the box on top of it.

once done talking to changbin, seungmin happily walked and stood beside hyunjin who's back was turned towards him.

"changbin would be hear anytime soon" seungmin informed hyunjin who turned to face him, but maybe that was a wrong choice.

their eyes met as they stood so close in front of each other. hyunjin didn't know that seungmin was stood that close to him so once he turned, he was met with seungmin's face that was so close to his own. hyunjin gulped as his gaze landed down to seungmin's pink, plump lips.

the color of the younger's lips remind hyunjin of the color of a strawberry and he wonders if it also tastes like strawberries. hyunjin highkey want to know.

seungmin just stood there when hyunjin started leaning in. hyunjin was so caught up by the situation that he didn't even realize that he's now slowly closing the gap between their lips. one last move and their lips would finally meet but it didn't happen when they heard the office door opening then closing.

their eyes both widened as they snapped out of the situation and literally jumped away from each other before looking at the two person who entered the office who are also shocked by what welcomed them upon entering the office.

seungmin looked at them with wide eyes as hyunjin gulped upon realizing who are the people who entered the office. hyunjin should've really control himself earlier.

it was seungmin's parents.