⌊ seventeen ⌉

it was a sunday morning and seungmin was casually sitting in front of the glass window, enjoying the morning view and the sunlight that was entering the unit, having his morning coffee in his left hand while scrolling through social media with his...

window, enjoying the morning view and the sunlight that was entering the unit, having his morning coffee in his left hand while scrolling through social media with his phone in his right hand, trying to divert his mind from any kind of thoughts.

"being cozy, aren't we?"

seungmin turned to look at hyunjin who was yawning, still with his bed hair. he chuckled. "good morning" he greeted, standing up from his seat and putting his phone down on the mini table beside his seat.

"want me to make you some coffee?" he asked the older who yawned and gave him a small nod.

"yes, please"

seungmin smiled, put his cup of coffee onto the table before he went to the kitchen to make hyunjin's coffee. it didn't take him long and went back to see hyunjin now sitting on the other chair beside his. seungmin giggled as he saw how sleepy hyunjin looks, he stayed late at the hospital last night so he can't blame the doctor for looking this tired right now.

"here you go, be careful, it's hot"

seungmin handed the cup of coffee to hyunjin who got it carefully from him before seungmin sat on his seat again and get his own coffee. they stayed silent, the only noise that you could here is the sipping sound and the constant bark of kkami who was playing on the living room.

hyunjin, finally waking up with the strong yet milky coffee, turned to look at seungmin. he frowned when he noticed the younger's expression. seungmin was just staring out the glass window, extremely quiet and the cup of coffee cooling down in his hand. he seems to be in a deep thought and he looks troubled and hyunjin doesn't like it when seungmin is like this.

"seungmin, a penny for your thoughts?" hyunjin then sipped on his coffee, waiting for the latter's response.

seungmin shrugged, drinking the rest of his coffee and putting the cup on the table after. the small dejected smile of seungmin doesn't went unnoticed by hyunjin, making the latter more worried.

"hey, you know you can tell me anything, right?" hyunjin told him with assurance. "you look really troubled" he pointed out softly.

seungmin sighed, still looking forward. "i know that i can trust you, hyunjin" he said softly, a small smile on his lips. "you're my first ever friend, after all" he added and turned to hyunjin, giving him a big, genuine smile.

hyunjin internally frowned at the word friend. yeah yeah. they're friends, and he didn't know that being just seungmin's friend would hurt him like this. he still haven't ask his friends for help to confess to seungmin because they're all kind of busy and it's killing him because he don't have any idea how and when he should tell seungmin his feelings.

everytime he'll hear the word friend from seungmin he can't help but feel gloomy. he don't want to be just friends with seungmin. he wanted more than that, more than friends. little did he knew that seungmin wanted the same. if only one of them have the courage to confess to the other then maybe it wouldn't be like this.