⌊ fifteen ⌉

hyunjin just finished his shift, flapping on his swivel chair inside his office with a groan of exhaustion

hyunjin just finished his shift, flapping on his swivel chair inside his office with a groan of exhaustion. he fished his phone from his lab gown's pocket when it vibrated. once he saw who's name on the screen, it feels like all the exhaustion faded away.

he pressed the answer button.

"hey, seungmin" he started, smiling unconsciously as he pushed his hair back.

"hyunjin, what time will you arrive home? i'll cook dinner" seungmin answered on the other line, followed with a bark which hyunjin assumed was kkami.

the doctor's smile widens. it's almost four weeks since seungmin had stayed at hyunjin's unit. in that almost four weeks, the younger really did not go to work in his company. he would constantly give a call to changbin to tell him what he should do in the company like conferences and meetings for seungmin's behalf while the latter only work on his laptop that younghyun had brought to him on that time he brought seungmin's stuffs at hyunjin's unit.

with that, hyunjin go to his work while seungmin stays at his unit with kkami. what makes hyunjin smile is that everytime he got home, there would always be foods for him, prepared by seungmin and they would always eat together. then they would wash the dirty dishes together before they take a night bath and go to bed, on hyunjin's room (because he only has one room). they would sleep on each side of the bed but in the morning they would find themselves tangled to each other.

it was so normal between them, they're so close to each other now that everything they do towards each other feels like they have always been doing that before. no awkwardness, just comfortableness.

they're like husbands living under the same roof. hyunjin being the hard working husband while seungmin is the caring husband.

i wonder what would it feel if he's my husband.

"hyunjin? you still there?"

hyunjin snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing seungmin's worried tone on the phone. he shook his head as he felt his face heating up. he literally just thought about being seungmin's husband when they're not even boyfriends, not even have mutual feelings for each other.

"o-oh sorry, i just finished my shift, maybe i'll be home in like thirty to forty five minutes, i'll just rest for a bit in my office" hyunjin told nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"okay, drive safely and see you at home" seungmin said happily before hyunjin heard the hanged up sound.

hyunjin looked at the phone and pouted. "he didn't even let me say goodbye" he muttered before he leaned back on the chair, staring at the wall in front of him.