Chapter Two- Family Reunion

Meet The Whole Family

From her bedroom Cassandra could hear the faint song

From her bedroom Cassandra could hear the faint song. Without even realising it, she was tapping her foot along to the pulse, letting the melody overcome her. She rose off the edge of her bed and to her feet, gently swaying along to the beat, the tight hem of her trousers tapping against her ankles, the sleeve of her blouse billowing and swishing around her wrists as she moved.

She shut her eyes and let everything fade away as she moved around the room in a spinning circle. She spun into the chair at her vanity, eyes still shut and felt her fingers enclose around something. She ignored it and kept her eyes shut, swaying her shoulders and head to the rhythm, tapping her feet in time to the song.

When the song had ended and Cassandra opened her eyes she realised what it was she had picked up. There was a sketching pencil in her hand and she had been drawing to the rhythm of the song.

Cassandra looked down at the pad of paper on her table, unaware of the crash of thunder and flash of blue lightening at her window. She stared down at the pad in joy and horror as she was met with a face she never thought she would see ever again. The face of her missing brother, Five.

By the time Cassandra had rushed outside, everyone was already gathered together. They were standing all staring at a ball of crackling blue light as a shadowy figure emerged from it. Instinctively, she had no idea why, Cassandra walked forward. She stared at the figure who was not quite clear enough to make out.

"Don't get too close." She heard someone shout but she ignored them.

"Get behind me!" She heard Luther shout but she ignored him, walking forwards, slowly but purposefully, being somehow drawn to it.

"Yeah get behind us!" Diego called, "Cass! What are you doing?" He shouted from behind her.

She could feel the gust of wind from whatever this ball of crackling blue...stuff was. It whipped at her face and sent tendrils of her soft, stoney brown hair flying all over the place.

"Five." She whispered to herself as the blue ball crackled and sent out sparks. Diego grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back to the group just as the crackling stopped and a small boy fell to the ground.

"Does anyone else see a tiny Five or-" Klaus asked.

Cassandra wasn't listening. She had already wriggled free from Diego's surprisingly strong grip and begun walking towards him. He scrambled to his feet and locked eyes with Cassandra. She smiled widely, the first genuine smile she had shown since the others had arrived.

"How was your trip?" She asked sincerely. Five stared at her in confusion then stared down at himself, holding out his arms and patting down his torso.

"Shit."

*

"What is the date? The exact date." Five asked, rushing around the kitchen and rifling through the cupboards.