Chapter Twenty Eight- Spot On

I'm always right!

Diego looked the most uncomfortable he had ever been but Cass knew that if anyone else had tried to hug him, Klaus for example, they never would have gotten close enough to touch him

Diego looked the most uncomfortable he had ever been but Cass knew that if anyone else had tried to hug him, Klaus for example, they never would have gotten close enough to touch him. Cassandra didn't want to think what would have happened if it had been Luther...

With a shake of his head, Diego turned and headed out the door. Allison followed and Cassandra left last. Allison had the file and was studying it for the address to his grandmother's. Cassandra noticed it first. Diego started to turn right but quickly doubled back and headed left out of the house. Cassandra initially headed left. Allison turned right and stopped to look at them like they'd lost their minds.

"The car's this way." She said, pointing over her shoulder. Diego shook his head.

"Nope, we're going this way. Trust me." Diego said firmly and continued walking the wrong way down the road without a second glance back over his shoulder.

They could only have taken three steps when two police patrol cars started to pursue them. They couldn't have taken more than five steps before they turned the lights and sirens on.

"Diego, what is going on?" Allison asked, concerned.

"They think I did something." He said gravely. Allison looked horrified. She took a step back and stopped walking.

"And did you?"

"No!" He protested and stopped walking too.

"What did they think you did?"

"Murder."

"And you didn't?" She asked again. Now it was Diego who stepped back from her.

"No! Of course not. Why would you ask me that?" He snapped.

"You do carry knives on you all the time." Allison reasoned and Cassandra nodded thoughtfully.

"Hey!" Diego quipped, "You're supposed to be on my side!"

Cass just smiled but her eyes looked sad.

The police cars kept edging closer.

"Yeah, okay," Diego breathed, "We're going to have to split up. You and Cass go. Vanya needs you."

Allison nodded. Cassandra already knew what he was going to say.

"Don't do anything stupid, okay?" Allison said, nodding once and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. Diego nodded back and Allison left. Cassandra smiled at him, although it was not a convincing one. She had already said her goodbyes.

Cassandra followed Allison to the car in silence. Cassandra knew it would be pointless to say anything right about now and for Allison, it had been too long since they had seen each other that she didn't really know what to say to Cass. They got in the car in silence, Allison in the driver's seat and Cass in the passenger's.

"You mind?" Allison asked and handed Cass the file. Cass nodded and let it rest on her lap as Allison started the ignition and pulled away into the night.

Cassandra sat, still and silent in the car just staring out at the dark stretch of road and the two beams of light guiding their way. Cassandra looked away, out the window. Allison had no idea what she was driving to and Cass had no idea if she had the power to stop what she'd seen from happening. She leant against the window and bit at her nails.

Suddenly, Cassandra's eyes turned completely white. She must have moved or said something at least because, when she regained consciousness, Allison kept flicking her eyes to look at her.

"Hey, you okay?" She coaxed. Cassandra nodded her head.

"Yeah," She breathed, not completely convincing anyone but Allison didn't feel it was her place to pry, "I just wish I'd said goodbye to Klaus."

The two women drove in a stony silence. They drove all through the night, Cassandra occasionally giving Allison directions, until they pulled up next to a dense thicket of trees and bushes just a little ways past the house.

Allison got out of the car almost as soon as she'd parked. She kept low, bending at the knees and moved quickly up to the side of the house. Cassandra waited in the car a moment longer. She'd had...not a vision but an image. I single image flashed across her mind. It wasn't a vision, it was a memory from a vision.

"Eye guy." She whispered to herself. Of course! Leonard/Harold was the eye guy! He didn't have an eye! Or he did but no he didn't. Right now he was...

"The hospital."

Cassandra clicked open the car door and shut it behind her silently as possible. It clicked just and scared pheasant causing it to fly upwards, startling both Cass and Allison.

Allison shot her look that told her to keep quiet or else. Cassandra threw up her hands and scrambled up the slope to meet Allison at the house.

"They're not here." Cassandra hissed as Allison was peering through the dirt covered window. "They're at the-"

"Cass, please be quiet. They might hear you." Allison warned.

"Can you hear me?" Cass quipped, "I said they're not-"

"Seriously." Allison snapped, hissing at her so as to keep her voice down and not shout.

"Why aren't you listening to me!" Cass pleaded, not caring to keep her voice down because she knew there was no one there. "I'm right, Allison. You know I'm right. I'm always right! It's my power! Why don't you believe me?"

"Because our powers don't work!" She shouted back, "Mine didn't work and now I'm alone, and I've lost my daughter! So why should I listen to yours?"

Cassandra stepped backwards. She let out a shaky breath and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Cass." Allison said, shaking her head. She didn't sound all that sorry to Cass. Allison walked back towards the car and Cassandra just watched her. She knew there was no point in arguing. She knew there was no point in trying to stop what she'd seen.

"I've got to go with my gut." Allison said and shut the car door, driving off without her.

" Allison said and shut the car door, driving off without her