Chapter Twenty Five- 3: Allison

I heard a rumor...

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We gotta get our hands on this file." Diego planned, brooding and staring out of his car window. Cassandra tapped on Diego's shoulder, holding up a paper bag of hard boiled sweets. He glared at her and shook his head. She shrugged and popped one in her mouth, offering the bag to Allison who took one gratefully.

"And your plan is to what?" Allison asked sarcastically, "Just waltz in there and ask for it?" Cassandra smirked.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis." Diego retorted snidely.

"You know there's a bug on your hand?" Cassandra said softly, poking her head over the seat into the front seat. Diego flinched and flung it off. Real macho.

"I've spent a lot of time inside." Diego explained,

"Handcuffed." Allison corrected indignantly.

"Whatever. Here's the plan-" Diego began but was cut off by Five.

"The plan? No. I'm just going to blink in and get the file." Five explained. Cassandra nodded, as did Allison.

"No that's not...You don't know the ins and outs of this place like I do." Diego interjected.

"I literally just did this yesterday." Five shrugged casually. Everyone looked at him, frowning in confusion. "Well, my yesterday, not your yesterday. It'll take me two seconds."

"Listen to me. You are not going in there. I made a call, that's what a leader does." Diego said firmly.

"Does a leader ignore all his other team members and do whatever the hell he likes anyway?" Cassandra asked without even lifting her head to look at him. She could feel his glare though. "What? You know I love you, bro, but...come on! Five can do this in an instant."

"I'm going. That's it. That's final. I'm going." Diego mumbled as he got out of the car.

"When did you get so savage?" Allison asked Cassandra, laughing lightly.

"You missed a lot of things." Cassandra mumbled, averting her gaze.

"I know." Allison whispered gravely, "But I'm trying to make up for it."

Cassandra looked back at Allison. She really did look honest. The look in her eyes said it all. Cassandra smiled and so did Allison.

*

After a while of waiting around for Diego, doing nothing, they decided to at least get out of the car. Stretching their legs quickly turned into just randomly waiting in the street for him to come back from the police station. Allison immediately headed for a payphone and dialed Vanya's number. She left a message and hung up pretty quickly. Cassandra wasn't surprised.

Everyone turned to watch him as Diego reapparead, swaggering casually down the street, a brown file tucked away inside his jacket.

"So? How did you-" Five asked and Diego brandished the file just above his reached. Cassandra sighed and tugged it from Diego's grip, walking away from the two squabbling boys and reading it together with Allison.

"Holy shit!" Allison gasped, peering over Cassandra's shoulder and staring at the photo paper clipped to the file.

"It's Leonard." Cassandra exclaimed, "The guy with the eye!" She said to Five, who nodded as if she had said the only clear thing he had heard in years.

"Who's that?" Diego asked, out of all of them he was the one who talked the most about being the best suited to lead yet he knew nothing.

"Vanya's boyfriend." Allison breathed. Everyone froze.

*

"Be careful, okay?" Allison addressed them all as Diego pulled up outside Leonard, or Harold's, house. "We don't know what he's capable of."

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny." Diego mumbled in response.

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers." Allison retorted.

"Yeah, just look at Five." Cass added as they walked along the path.

"Thank you." Five said seriously as they approached the house.

"Good point." Diego said, walking up the front steps. From her side, Cassandra noticed Allison dash around the side of the building. "So what's this guy want with Vanya?" Diego asked Allison but by the time he had turned around, she had already gone.

"It would be so nice if people just stuck with the plan." Diego grumbled. As soon as he had shut his mouth, Five teleported, no doubt inside the house.

"So?" Cassandra asked, teasing, "What's the plan?"

"Shut up." Diego mumbled. He took a few steps backwards, never taking his eyes off the door. He took a run up and jumped through the door's window. Cassandra jumped back, startled, and ran up to the door. Peering through to see if he was okay, she saw him lying, grumbling to himself, on the floor. As Cassandra leant of the door, it swung open and she stepped inside. By this time, Five and Allison had gathered around upon hearing the sound of glass smashing.

"You know the door was open, right?" Cassandra asked sarcastically. "Such a skilled leader." She whispered sarcastically to Allison, trying not to smile.

"One of the greats." She replied in exactly the same manner.

"Spread out. Yell if you er, get in trouble." Diego mumbled over his shoulder as he set off towards the kitchen. Five headed to the sitting room so Cassandra ambled up the stairs, Allison followed behind her.

"Hey, Cassie." Allison muttered behind her, "If that's what you're even going now these days-"
"I prefer 'Cass' now, actually. You know, less childish."

"Okay. Cass. Look," She muttered, having difficulting talking to her after all those years, not that they were close as children either, "I'm sorry I haven't been much of a sister these past years. Or...at all."

"It's fine." Cassandra muttered as she poked her head into a bedroom.
"Well, no. It's not fine-"
"No it's not. I don't know why I said that." Cassandra admitted, crawling on her hands and knees to look under the bed.

"But I'm trying to be a better sister. I even went out for drinks with Vanya, so...I don't really know what you like to do-"
"Is this?" Cassandra interrupted, pulling out a familiar leather bound book with the initials RH engraved on the front cover.

"Dad's book?" Allison finished.

"I'd like that." Cassandra said out of nowhere. Allison stared at her, confused. "I'd like to go out for drinks."