Chapter Twenty Nine- Life or Death

She would find her...eventually

"Allison!" Cass screamed for all she was worth, "Allison! Listen to me!" Cassandra screamed and screamed, ignoring the pain in her throat, so long as she could get Allison to listen it would be worth it

"Allison!" Cass screamed for all she was worth, "Allison! Listen to me!" Cassandra screamed and screamed, ignoring the pain in her throat, so long as she could get Allison to listen it would be worth it. But Allison didn't even turn around to look at her. She kept walking. She walked right up to her car, got in and drove off.

"Shit!" Cass kicked at the ground, sending up clouds of dust and screwed her fists up tight. "Shit..."

She breathed deeply a couple of times, trying to get ahold of herself. She wandered back away from the road and lent against the cabin's log wall. She sunk. Her legs buckled and she dropped to her floor, leaning against the wall, her head lolling back. She'd had enough of keeping her emotions in check. It was too much effort trying to control her visions every second of every day. It was all too much for her. She leant back and let out a heart-wrenching sob and let the vision overwhelm her.

*

The vision was as clear as day. In fact, it was clearer. Everything around her seemed brighter. Perhaps it was because she had been thinking about Allison and Allison was in the centre of this vision. Allison was clear as day but everything around faded out into a hazy blur. Cass had no idea where she was. Every time she tried to work it out, to make sense of the blur, her mind spun and the floor beneath her started to sway. In order to stay conscious, Cass focused on Allison.

She was walking, into a room, that much Cass could make out. Allison stopped and gulped and opened her mouth as if she were speaking but no sound came out. Cass frowned. It only now dawned on her that there was no sound in her vision. No sound at all, not even the chirp of a bird or the sound of the wind. It was deadly silent. Suddenly the whole vision spun and Cass was now behind Allison instead of looking straight at her. It was as if her vision had taken control and shown her what she needed to see. Now she could see what Allison was looking at. It was Vanya.

She held her violin in one hand and the bow in the other. She threw them up and down as she violently gesticulated. Vanya, like Allison, was speaking, or rather shouting, but no sound came out. Vanya's face screwed up, the picture of pure rage. All that pent up anger from her childhood was bursting out of her. Or so it seemed to Cass as Vanya threw her head back and a force shook everything around her that seemed to come from Vanya.

Her vision was so real that Cass felt this surge of energy ebbing from Vanya strike her. She stumbled and the vision was broken. Cass' chest heaved as she tried to settle her rapid breathing and palpitating heart. Allison. What had happened to Allison? Shit, she needed to find her and she needed to find her fast.

*

Allison sat impatiently behind the wheel, foot tapping lightly beside the pedals as she sat still on the road. Nothing was moving and nothing had moved for quite some time. She sighed and rolled her eyes as the jerk behind her sounded his horn for the third time in 10 minutes. She looked at him in the mirror. He threw his hands up and stuck his finger up at her as if the long line of traffic was entirely her fault. She sighed again and opened the door. There was no point waiting in the car anymore, she wasn't going anywhere any time soon.