Chapter 2: An old friend

Lady Tsunade had you interrogated early the next morning. It wasn't long before they realised you had no more useful information.

"Wow... She's been through so much." One of the anbu members stated after the session. "Lady Tusnade are you sure she's ready to resume the life of a shinobi? I'd say she needs a good therapist."

Tusnade turned to you. "If you like you can wait a few years before going back out to the field." You shook your head vigorously.

"No, I'm fine. I never want to feel weak and helpless again."

The anbu covered your eyes before escorting you out. Being blind folded like that brought back a lot of bad memories however you tired to stay strong. The past is in the past after all...

"Guys, I'm supposed to meet up with Kakashi's team today. Any idea where they might be?" You asked still blind folded as they led you out.

"Kakashi can wait. We need to get you some new clothes and a place to stay." Tsunade interrupted.

You heard the sound of birds chirping and a breeze on your face. You were clearly outside, why wouldn't they let you take the blind fold off? "Guys can I take this thing off now?"

"No, not yet."

They walked with you for another few minutes. "(Y/N)?" You heard Kakashi's voice. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, the anbu just finished interrogating me." He tapped your shoulder.

"I'm behind you. Also, we will start training soon. You'd better hurry."

"She's coming with me Kakashi. She just got back to the village and you already want to drill her." You heard Kakashi snicker. "Oh grow up already. She can start training tomorrow." Tusnade then grabbed your arm rather hard and pulled you away.

It wasn't too long until they removed the blind fold.

Lady Tusnade spent the rest of the day buying you clothes and groceries. You found it utterly boring to be honest. However you were very grateful that she was helping you in this way. Inspite of the shopping you really like spending time with lady Tsunade.

It was around late afternoon when you had everything you needed. "Your rent has been paid 3 months in advanced. It should give you enough time to get back on your feet."

You bowed in respect. "Thank you so much lady Tsunade. I am so grateful."

"Don't mention it. Also if Kakashi comes by asking you to train, just let me know and I'll deal with him. You need to rest." You smiled at Tsunade as she left you at your new apartment.

It had two bedrooms and an open floor plan. It was perfect for you. "I see you're settled in." You heard that familiar voice again, your back still facing Kakashi. "You should really keep your front door locked."

"Yeah, I wouldn't want any random pervs walking in here." You smirked at him.

"Hey watch it. I'm your sensei now." You both laughed.

You turned to him, a look of defiance in your eyes. "I am never gonna call you that."

"Yeah, we'll see about that." He walked over to your kitchen counter. "I live in the next building if you ever need anything."

"So can I look forward to more of these unexpected visits?" You walked closer towards him.

"Unexpected but welcomed visits you mean." He took the grocery bags from your hands. "I'll help you pack these away."

"Thanks Kakashi." You looked at him for a while. "You've changed a lot since we were kids."

"Really?" He said packing your cups and bowels away. "How so?"

"Well you seem less distant and well... brooding." He chuckled, taking another bag and unpacking its contents.

"Yeah well I got tired of being angry all the time." You suddenly remembered why he was the way he was. You felt terrible for bringing it up.

"Kakashi I'm so sorry. I forgot about..."

"Hey." He interrupted. "It's okay."

After he helped you organize you both sat at the kitchen counter and caught up. "Wait, so Guy has a prodigy that looks exactly like him?" You giggled. "That's so cute."

"Yeah and he's just as extreme as his sensei." His expression changed. Even with his mask on you could see he was serious now all of a sudden. "Can I ask..." He paused for a moment, as if second guessing himself. "Are you okay? Mentally I mean. I've noticed a lot of bruises and scars, you must have been through a lot." You smiled at him which through him off a bit.

"I'm fine Kakashi really. I'm back home and away from that monster." He stared at you intensely.

"One shouldn't supress their feelings you know."

"I'm fine Kakashi, honest. But I appreciate your concern. It's very sweet."

He smiled at you. "If you ever want to talk..."

"I'll come straight to you." You finished his sentence.

After Kakashi left you took a long shower. You looked at the bruises and scars on your body. "It's over, just relax. They can't hurt you anymore."

After showering you retired to bed.

Authors note: I hope my zero readers enjoyed this chapter haha. Like and comment if you did. Thank you! :)