Chapter 17

You sat at Ichiraku ramen. Sitting at home didn't help you. You figured if you came out you'd feel a little better.

"You haven't eaten your ramen. Is it not to your liking?"

"No no it's delicious. I just don't have much of a appetite." After paying for your ramen you left.

You walked around the streets aimlessly. There was barely anyone else. Probably because it was late at night. You preferred it that way however.

"(Y/N)!" You heard Genmas voice. You were not in the mood to socialise so you continued walking. "(Y/N) wait!" He appeared in front of you.

"Genma I'm really in no mood to socialise right now." You said as politely as possible.

"Why what's wrong?" He asked, concerned for his friend.

"I don't really wanna talk about it right now." He placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Well when you do I'm here for you." You smiled at him. But his words did nothing to comfort you. "Oh yes I almost forgot. Lady Tsunade wants to see you."

"What...why?"

"I don't know. I didn't ask. Come on let's go." You followed him back to lady Tsunades office.

You walked in her office to see her and Kakashi. Why was he here? He was the absolute last person you wanted to see right now.
"(Y/N), Kakashi has requested that you be moved to another team. I understand that the two of you broke up. It would be unwise for two ex's to be apart of the same team. So I will be moving you to Kurenais team." You felt kind of irritated that she called you in just to tell you that. She could have just sent you a letter or something.

"Okay. Well bye then." You turned to leave.

"Wait just there. I'm not done with you." You stopped dead in your tracks. "Kakashi, Genma. You two may leave
I want to speak to her alone." As Kakashi walked past you he gave you a quick glance. You still saw that fake sadness in his eyes. "(Y/N). Please sit down." You sat in front of her desk, a little irritated.

"What's going on? Last I checked you and Kakashi were hopelessly in love. You breaking up with him has been a big inconvenience for me. All the paper work I had to fill out to move you to team 8."

You looked at her narrow eyed. "I'm so sorry my broken heart is such a burden to you." You said sarcastically.

"What's going on (Y/N)? Why did you break up with him?"

"Forgive me for sounding rude but why do you care?"

"I'm just curious." The look in her eye indicated that there was more to it than that.

"I really don't feel like talking about it right now. If you'll excuse me." You bowed before leaving her office.

The next morning you met up with kurenais team. "Hello (Y/N). We are happy to have you as a member of our team." Kurenai welcomed you with a warm smile.

"Thanks everyone."

You and your new team spent the day training. Kurenai was much less strict than Kakashi.

"Guys we have to celebrate!" Kiba shouted. "We have a new teammate. And she's cute to top it all off." You smiled at Kibas enthusiasm.

"I'd love to guys but I'm pretty tired."

"Nonsense. Let's go to the hot springs and then afterwards to the steak house." Kurenai said.

Maybe going out would do you some good. "Fine I'll go."

You felt so relaxed sitting in the hot spring. For a split second your heartache melted away. Only for a split second though.

"Are you okay?" Kurenai asked as you two sat in the hot springs.

"Yes of course." You lied.

"That's a lie. But you don't have to tell me now. When you need to talk to someone I'm here for you." First Genma and now her. You were really greatful for their concern but this is something they couldn't fix.

After a an hour or so at the hot springs. You and team 8 arrived at the steak house.
You couldn't get yourself to eat anything. Kiba was more than happy to have your portion.

You did your best hiding that you were devastated. You joined in with the conversations, even smiled. It seemed to have fooled them for now.

"(Y/N)." You got a lump in your throat when you head that voice. "The team really misses having you." You got up from your seat to leave. "I miss you."

"I guess you'll just have to get used to it then." You hated how your heart still skipped a beat when you heard his voice. Would you ever get over him?

"(Y/N) Wait!" Kakashi ran after you outside the steak house. "Can we talk?"

"I have nothing to say to you Kakashi."

"Babe..." You glared at him. "(Y/N), I'm sorry. Look I can't accept that you and I are over."

"Kakashi just leave me alone."

Kakashis P.O.V

I wonder why she's so angry at me. I wish she'd just tell me.
"What happened to us? How did we get to this point? Please just tell me what I've done to make someone as kind hearted as you to hate me."

"I wish I hated you Kakashi."

"Just tell me what I did. Please!" I fell to my knees holding her hand.

"Stop acting all innocent Kakashi!" She broke free and ran away.

I wanted to run after her so bad but that would probably only make everything worse.

"Kakashi?" I turned to Genma. "Is the surprise birthday party for (Y/N) still happening? I mean if you want to call it off that's understandable. Seeing that you two are broken up..."

"No of course it's still on. It doesn't matter whether or not she and I are together. She's been through so much. She needs a break."

"You're a good guy Kakashis. Do You have any idea why she left you?" I shook my head no.

"Anyway. How did your date go with that girl you told me about?" I asked trying to change the subject

"Not that good. I mean she totally thought I was you. That was the problem though. I want someone to like me for me. Not like me for my Kakashi transformation jutsu. But thanks for letting me transform into you anyway."

"To be honest I'm kind of glad it didn't work out. You'd have to be me for the rest of your life if it did." I laughed, suddenly realising how stupid the idea was.