Chapter 6

"(Y/N) Wait up." Kakashi called from behind. You didn't turn to look at him. You were way to preoccupied having a crush on him.

He took your hand in his. Your heart fluttered and time stood still. "Haru was about to approach you. You're welcome." He leaned down to whisper in your ear.

"Thanks Kakashi." You smiled, still looking at the ground.

With his other hand he pulled out his book and seemed to be lost in his own little world. His hand still intertwined with yours. It was just a little disappointing knowing that this all meant nothing to Kakashi but it meant something to you. "Uhm I think I'll be fine." You pulled your hand out of his.

"You sure?" He averted his gaze from his book to you. "What about Haru?"

"He's my problem. I'll deal with him myself. Thanks for all your help." Before he could say anything further you fell back in the group to join Sakura.

"You and Kakashi sensei having problems?" She seemed concerned.

"Yes... I mean no! I just thought I'd keep you company instead. We never really talk Sakura." You giggled awkwardly.

"I guess so." She was silent for a moment. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure go ahead."

"How would one go about getting the guy you like to notice you?" Was she really asking you for relationship advice.

"Honey I wish I knew the answer to that one." You said more to yourself than her.

"What do you mean? You have Kakashi sensei. Therefore you should know the answer to that."

"Right of course. But uhm you see he did the initiating not me."

"I see." She seemed so depressed. You knew she was talking about Sasuke, however it seemed he wasn't even a little interested in her.

"Have you ever thought about maybe moving on?" Sakura glared at you. "Or not." You giggled sheepishly. Sakura then stormed off, clearly she was too angry to be in your company at the moment.

"Alone at last." Haru whispered in your ear.

He was smirking at you, clearly he had some sinful thoughts on his mind. "Why don't we go somewhere a little more private and you can get rid of that hideous outfit." You looked at him narrow eyed.

"We are in the outside right now." You said sarcastically. "Do You really expect me to do the devil's tango with you in the wilderness? One would think because you're a Prince you'd have some class."

You then felt a sharp pain in your cheek as Haru slapped you. "How dare you speak to me like that you slut." What the hell... this guy did a total 180, you thought. He looked down at you, disgusted. You could not lay a finger on him as it would go against your mission. He raised his hand to smack you again.

You closed your eyes waiting for the impact but it never came. You opened your eyes to see Kakashi between you and Haru. He was holding onto Haru's wrist. "Who do you think you are." You could hear the worry in Haru's voice. "Unhand me!"

"Apologize to the lady for hitting her then I might go easy on you." Kakashi was furious.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)." He whimpered. Kakashi slammed him against a near by tree. He was about to punch him when you stopped his arm.

"Kakashi no. He's our client."

His gaze was fixed on Haru. "I don't care who he is. He's been nothing but disrespectful towards you. I've tried looking past it because of the mission. But I am not going to over look the fact that he laid his hand on you."

"Kakashi please don't." You pushed against his shoulder but it didn't even budge him. "Kakashi look at me." He looked at you, his expression softened.

"It's okay. Just leave him. I think he learned his lesson." Kakashi threw him to the ground.

"Let's get going. The sooner we get rid of this filth the better." Kakashi then put his arm around your shoulder and guided you away from Haru. "Stay with me. I don't want you to leave my sight for the rest of this mission. I don't trust that man." Your face turned red at how protective he was being. But then again he would have done the same for Sakura you thought. This meant absolutely nothing. "You're turning red again. Are you sure you're not sick?"

"I'm fine." You said looking to the ground, your expression dull and emotionless. Liking someone and knowing they'd never like you back really hurts. You'd rather have Haru punch you a thousand times then feel this hurt.

"Hey." He stopped in his tracks. "What's wrong?" He placed his hands on your shoulders. You were not able to meet his gaze.

You took a deep breathe and mustered up the best fake smile you could. "I'm really fine Kakashi. It's just Haru that upset me is all."

He didn't seem to believe you, however he didn't question you any further.

You continued to walk next to Kakashi , with the rest of the group behind you two. His arm still around your shoulders as he walked. To him it was nothing more than acting. Just acting that he likes you. You wanted to push his arm away but at the same time you wanted him to stay like that forever.

Authors note: thank you so much for 35 views and 4 votes! It may only be a few but I appreciate it none the less.♥️