Chapter 13

That night you planned on sneaking into the Hokages office.

You quietly made your way through the village, careful not to arouse any suspicion. There was hardly anyone wondering around so you weren't too worried.

As you approached the Hokages building you scanned the area. You wanted to make sure no one was around. Especially Genma or
Aoba.

You successfully infiltrated the building. After gaining access to lady Tsunades office you searched her desk for missions.

Everything was so unorganized, you found trouble finding anything. "(Y/N)?" You turned to see Genma. "What are you doing?" He seems annoyed at your presence here.

"Genma, hey. Congratulations you passed. Lady Tsunade asked me to test your ninja skills by breaking in here. And your ninja skills seem to be excellent. Now if you'll please excuse me." You tried leaving but he blocked your exit.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here?" Dammit, why didn't he believe you?

"I told you... I'm here to test your ninja skills. But don't mention this to lady Tsunade. She'll act as if she knows nothing about it. And if she asks you any questions regarding the matter please don't mention my name." You tried pushing past him but he wouldn't budge.

"(Y/N)... I say this with the utmost respect. You suck at lying and you suck even more at being stealthy."

"What do you mean?" You refused to admit you were lying.

"Tell me what's going on or I'll give you over to Tsunade. And you still do that thing when you lie. You bite your upper lip." Did everyone know about your tell?

"Okay okay fine. I was looking for an A rank mission."

He looked at you shocked. "If you have a death wish I could just hand you over to Lady Tsunade now you know."

"No! I need to prove something..." You looked to the floor.

"What?"

"Kakashi thinks I can't take care of myself."

"So you want to get yourself killed? Yeah that'll really show Kakashi." He rolled his eyes at you. "I'm sure Kakashi has your best interest at heart."

"No he doesn't. Could you please just help me out?"

"No (Y/N)."

"Why not!" You cried out.

"First of all you're a genin. Second your a genin. And third you are my friend. I'm not gonna let you go on a suicide mission, Kakashi would kill me if he found out in any case."

"Fine. Let me just fix Lady Tsunades desk."

You walked over to her desk and you glanced at a page with the words A rank mission written. You subtly slipped it in your pocket.

Genma didn't notice a thing. You smiled, proudly at yourself. "Why are you smiling you weirdo." Genma commented. "Let's just go."

You let Genma escort you back to your apartment. He stopped on your balcony just before you opened your apartment door. "If I find you trying to sneak into the Hokages office again I'll have to report you." He was so formal. You couldn't help but giggle. "I'm serious (Y/N)."

"Yeah yeah okay Genma." You smirked.

"(Y/N), what's going on here?" You turned to see Kakashi.

"Yeah (Y/N), what's going on?" You couldn't believe Genma was selling you out right now. You glared at him. "Hey, your boyfriend asked you a question. Answer him."

Kakashi approached the two of you. You didn't want to lie to him. Lies are what destroy relationships. You took a deep breathe before answering him. "I tried stealing an A rank mission but Genma stopped me, unfortunately."

"What?" There was a hint of anger in Kakashis voice. "(Y/N) are you crazy?" Genma saw this as his queue to leave.

"I just wanted to prove to you that I'm not some weak little damsel in distress."

"Babe no... I don't see you like that. You're a strong and capable woman." You were getting angry at how contradicting he was being.

"Well that's not what you said earlier."

"That's complicated... You don't..."

"Save it Kakashi." You interrupted him. "Just go home. I'm tired."

"Babe... Please I don't like when we fight like this."

"We can talk about this tomorrow. I just want to sleep right now." You looked at his expression. He was sad, maybe even heart broken. You did feel a little bad for fighting with him. You didn't like it either. "I love you Kakashi."

His expression quickly changed. After removing his mask he replied. "I love you too." He placed a gentle kiss on your lips. "We'll talk more about this tomorrow. Get some rest okay." You nodded before he left.

After you entered your apartment you quickly locked the door and took out the A rank mission you stole. Assassinate a warlord and all his soldiers in the land of rain. Okay this seems doable you thought.

After packing everything you thought you'd need for the trip you left the village. You were determined to compete this mission and show Kakashi just how powerful you could be.