Chapter 18

It has been exactly a week and 5 days since you've broken up with Kakashi.

Keeping busy was absolutely crucial to maintain your sanity.

After training with team 8 Kurenai pulled you aside. "(Y/N), you and I should go to the spa." You raised an eyebrow at her. You and Kurenai aren't exactly best friends and you've only been in the team for a short while.

"Uhm I've actually got plans." You tried walking away but she grabbed you by the wrist.

"Please (Y/N). I'd really like to get to know you better." You sighed in defeat before agreeing.

You felt kind of tense because your masseuse was male. The incident... was still a little fresh in your mind. However no one knew about it except for Kakashi,Lady Hokage and Shizune. You wanted it to stay that way.

After you two were done with your massages she took you out shopping. "Kurenai I don't need a new dress." She kept shoving the beautiful (f/c) dress in your face.

"I'll buy it for you. Please just take it. Consider it a birthday present." Oh that's right. You had completely forgotten that today was your birthday. But how did Kurenai know that? "Uhm Kakashi told me a while back." She answered your unasked question.

"Fine okay. But then you have to let me take you out on your birthday." You gave in.

She smiled sweetly at you. "Definitly." After finding a nice pair of shoes she bought the outfit for you. Then she made you wear it.

"Kurenai I cannot walk around in public wearing this dress. I think I'll save it for a special occasion." You blushed as everyone was staring at you.

"Today is a special occasion. Enjoy the attention." You glared at her but you weren't in the mood to argue.

"Fine Kurenai."

It wasn't too long before it started getting dark. "Kurenai I think I'm gonna be heading home."

"No!" You looked at her surprised. "I mean no. Come on the night is still young." She was acting way out of character right now you thought.

"Kurenai. What's going on?" She assured you it was nothing. But she insisted that you go with her to the training grounds. Apparently the moon was at its most beautiful at the training grounds. You half thought that Kurenai was on some sort of drug. But that's not like her at all.

You reluctantly followed her to the training grounds. She insisted that she blindfold you. She wanted the moon to be a surprise she said. It's not like you've never seen the moon before...
"Kurenai. I ask because I fear for my life. But are you on drugs." You asked as she lead you blind folded to the training grounds.

"Don't be silly (Y/N)." She giggled awkwardly.

"Okay stop right here." You assumed you arrived at the training grounds. "Now take off the blind fold."

You slowly took it off to reveal most of your friends and loved ones and some other people you didn't know. "Surprise!"

"What?" You looked at Kurenai. "Did you plan a surprise birthday party for me?

"Well no, Kakashi did." Why would he do this for you? Wow, a surprise birthday party to soften you up. It wasn't going to work. You wish you could leave but that would have been rude.

"Where is Kakashi?" You asked looking around.

"Oh he couldn't make it. But he made sure that I gave you this." She gave you a small box. You felt like burning it with your fire ball jutsu. "I'll tell him you said thank you."

"I didn't say thank you." You said, irritated.

"I'll tell him you did anyway."

The party was good. It was nice to be surrounded by old friends again. "I hope you're happy (Y/N)." Genma came up to you as you were drinking some punch. "Kakashi did all of this for you and you treat him like dirt."

"Genma you don't know the whole story." You didn't really tell everyone why you and Kakashi broke up. It was really embarrassing.

"Well then I'd love to hear it." You tried walking away but he grabbed your wrist.

"Genma let her go." Kakashis voice boomed in your ear.

"Hey (Y/N)." You thought he couldn't make it. "Happy birthday. I would have stayed away so you could enjoy your day but I really wanted to wish you in person. I guess I'm selfish like that."

"Thank you." You tried being civil.

"Do you like that present I got you?"

"I didn't open it yet." You glared at him. "Kakashi why did you decide yo throw me this surprise party? To try and soft soap me? Do you really think a party will make me forgive you cheating on me?" Clearly he was shocked.

"Cheated on you? Is that why you left me? Because you think I cheated on you? What makes you think I'd ever do that to the woman I love."

"I saw you kissing another woman Kakashi!" Everyone turned their attention to the two of you.

You heard people whisper some snide comments but you ignored them. "What? That never hap..." he then came to a realisation. "Oh... no the person you saw was Genma. He wanted to date this girl but she only had eyes for me so he used the transformation jutsu to try and win her over."

"Yeah it's true. Wait, didn't Kakashi tell you about that?" Genma added.

"No I forgot. I was too busy planning a surprise birthday party." So he didn't cheat on you. It was Genma who was playing as Kakashi?

The news was too over whelming. You quickly left the party embarrassed as all hell.