Back to Reality

As Bria sat across from Donnie at a restaurant, her anxiety was through the roof being that this was technically their first official date and she wasn't under the influence of alcohol. The two were nervous and awaited for each other to spark a conversation. She nervously tapped her perfectly manicured nails against the table and picked up her Long Island iced tea taking a sip of it. She looked into his brown orbs and details the features of his face as he outlined what went wrong with his past relationship with his ex.

He seemed uneasy fidgeting in his seat and as the pain was still fresh in his recent memory.

"It's okay you don't have to say anything about this if you don't want to—"

"Ah, no it's okay it's fine I feel like...I haven't really talked to anyone about this since I've broken up with Bianca. I need to get this off my chest." Adonis says nervously and coughs, clearing his throat before he continues.

"Take your time D." Bria places her hands over his, lightly caressing it with her thumb.

"Bianca and I were together for three years...she was someone who I could confide in. I knew everything about her, she knew everything about me. But she wasn't satisfied with our relationship I guess. She was focused on her career and I was focused on mine but with the way things were going...she wanted to move out to LA so she did and I encouraged her to I never wanted to be the cause of someone not following her dreams, so we started doing the long distance thing. Long story short she met some nigga in LA and she cheated on me." Adonis shrugs uncomfortably and continues, "I was going to propose to her actually on her birthday but a week before her birthday but then she told me she cheated and I just couldn't do it anymore I needed some space and then I met you." Adonis smiles revealing his dimples, and looks down and biting his lip bashfully.

"So, Im just a rebound?" Bria says, protectively covering her arms.

"I wouldn't necessarily call it that...I mean what did you think would happen after? I mean I like you but I'm just going to be doing me for a while. But I do want to get to know you. You were the one that made up this fictional shit about us 'getting married' and having kids after the first fuck? Are you serious?" Adonis says, still baffled by the whole dream.

"I knew I should've just kept it to myself...my imagination can get a little crazy." Bria looks down regretting telling him about her dream. "But that's exactly what this relationship is a rebound we just got out of relationships we both needed to fuck. We're both consenting adults...I wasn't expecting you to just magically fall in love with me."

"Really?" Adonis asks.

Bria nods.

"Although I do want to know, what about me caught your eye out of all those other girls that were trying to get your attention last night?" Bria asks, curious as to what he thought about her.

"You're beautiful...even though I was in a drunken state when I first met you...you literally took my breath away. When you first entered the room with your friend it's almost as if the world stopped around me. The music muffled and you turned around to look at me it was as if it were in slow motion...kind of like that scene from Shark Tale when Oscar saw Lola for the first time..." He chuckles and watches her smile as he went on about her, "...and when we locked eyes lustfully I just knew I wanted to get to know you. Or at least have you even if it was just for one night."

"Wow, I don't think anyone's ever described their first encounter with me as detailed and as descriptive a that." Bria blushes, and smiles.

"Yeah, that's how I felt though but I want to take the time to get to know you before I rush into a relationship. I don't want to make mistakes this time... I was thinking that maybe it was something that I could've done differently...or maybe I wasn't pleasing her the way I should've—"

EuphoriaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara