Exhale

Thanks to all who's given feedback it's needed, enjoy.

After putting Yara to bed, Bria was finally able to shower and dress down for bed. With the baby monitor on her hip and her phone in hand, she walked back into the kitchen where Adonis was already warming up her food in the toaster oven so she could eat. The kitchen was cleaned and spotless along with the dining room table where Yara had made a mess earlier.

She walked towards Adonis while pinning her hair up in a pony tail and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind.

"Thanks for cleaning up babe." Bria thanked him with a smile on her face.

"It's no problem i know you're hungry, you haven't eaten since we were on the plane."

"Yeah, Im starving, Yara wouldn't even let me finish a piece of chicken before she made a mess, and I was hurt you know I love soul food." She pouted.

Adonis chuckled. "Yeah I know, good thing you didn't hand her to me or I would've been able to eat." He joked.

Bria rolled her eyes playfully and watched as he took out her food with an oven mitt and plated her food once again so she could eat. Bria sat at the kitchen island and was handed her plate and a fork, while Adonis went to get her some water.

After thanking Adonis and quickly blessing over her food, Bria was finally able to enjoy her food.

"Mhnm," Bria said with her mouth full. "This is so good, baby you put your foot in it."

Adonis chuckled. "Thanks baby," he replied as he put the rest of the food away.

"And yes, I still want maybe about two more kids no pressure." Adonis replies. "And before you say anything I know, I know...I have to put a ring on it first."

"Well, I see you've been listening." Bria smiled as she cut into her Mac and Cheese stacking up her fork.

"Of course I have, I just don't think we're ready to get married yet..." Adonis sighed, and continued. "And I know one if those reasons is because you don't trust me because I abandoned you when you were pregnant with our first daughter, you want something that solidifies that I'm not going anywhere."

Bria looked up at him with a blank expression.

"Well yeah, it's not the sense of being trapped anymore it's more so I don't want to feel alone again or abandoned...that's one of the worst feelings anyone could have gone through...and I know you didn't really care about me back then, you just felt like you could just walk out of my life and ignore your responsibilities...I was alone when I needed you the most—"

"You keep bringing up the same shit Bria, I thought we were over that. I'm trying to be there for you but you keep questioning the love I have for you. You keep questioning if I'm going to leave you for some other woman. You don't trust me. You see that I'm fucking trying!" Adonis raised his voice.

Bria was taken aback and placed her fork on her now empty plate. She looked at him and nodded.

"I'm your boyfriend yet you don't tell me shit about what you've been through. How am I supposed to help you when I hear you in the middle of the night crying or you're having another night terrors? How do you think that makes me feel hu? I can only calm you down so much, but you don't even feel safe with me, you don't trust me. How do you think that makes me feel? When I see you and I see that someone put their hands on you but you won't talk about it because you don't trust me..." Adonis sighed.

"I know I fucked up...you remind me every other day it seems...it's tiring Bria I only want to help you but you've got to let me in or this isn't going to work." Adonis looked at her, leaving her speechless before leaving to head upstairs.