Don't Throw It Away

"Sandra I don't know how much more of this I can take..." Bria said, speaking to Sandra on FaceTime as she sat by her vanity applying a natural make up look for the day.

"Any more of what? You being mad at Adonis? You trying to get back at Adonis...by the way it's been what three months?"

"Yeah, just about cause babygirl here is three months and ten days counting." Bria chuckled looking over towards the bed where Yara was laying, holding a stuffed animal in her arms.

"But last night we fucked...I slipped up I had this big grand idea to seduce him and try to make him feel small..."

"But it backfired didn't it?" Sandra chuckled, snacking on some potato chips. "I could've told you going in that that plan would fail I mean that man is...Adonis fucking Creed one of Hollywood's most desired athletes according to GQ, and girl you've got him wrapped around your finger."

"I know, and he knows I know. But I think I'm ready to take him back but I don't want things to end up the way they did the last time." Bria confesses as she began to apply eyeliner once her eyelashes were applied.

"Do you think he's learned his lesson?" Sandra asked her with her mouth full.

"I think he has..." she mumbled. "In all honesty, like it's really hitting hard for him.

"Is this the dick talking or is this you talking? Cause you know, as soon as you get good dick it just fucks up your whole mental." Sandra chuckled, eating a few more chips.

Bria laughed at her best friend shaking her head. "You're crazy and no this isn't the D talking this is me...he's been so sweet lately...since he's taken a break from boxing. He makes me breakfast every morning, he's an amazing father to our daughter and he writes to me these beautiful letters...and this morning he left me the sweetest message. We've been talking about vulnerability and transparency and each week he writes to me how he's feeling and they are some of the most heart felt poems and letters..."

"You've got Adonis writing letters? Oh yeah, you've got a nigga sprung." Sandra chuckled and watched her friend apply lipstick. "What happened to dating?"

"Sandra, I really don't want to tell another man 'what my favorite color is' or 'how many siblings I have'...I mean I honestly don't want to...besides I'll give him the three strikes you're out rule. He'll already be on his second chance if we start over."

"Ooh, you've got a system okayyy, I can dig it if you take him back start off slow—" Sandra suggested.

"Slow?" Bria chuckled. "How can we go slow I mean we've already had sex and we have a kid..."

"Bitch you know exactly what I mean," Sandra kissed her teeth.

"I know, I just like messing with you." Bria teases her best friend.

Sandra rolled her eyes. "You know I'm always on your side regardless of what you do, even if I don't like it. Whatever decision you make, as long as he makes you happy...that's fine with me." He reassures her.

Bria smiles. "You have no idea how much those words mean to me..."

"Yeah, yeah...update me on everything Jay just got back from his morning run. I'll talk to you later babes, give Yara a big ol' kiss for me."

"Bye hun." Bria chuckled at her friends antics.

When Bria ended her call, she took one last look in the mirror before walking over to her bed to get Yara. "How's mommy's favorite girl hu?" She spoke to her baby in her baby language. Yara smiles widely, revealing her dimples which were just like her father's.