A Fresh Start

The saddest part about being alone was that Bria was actually alone this time and it hurt ten times more knowing that she was pregnant. Her raging hormones didn't make it easier either. One moment she was furious and angry, while the next moment she was crying and curled up in fetal position with her favorite stuffed teddy bear she's has since she was a teenager. This cycle would go on for about a few days since her break up and her friends started to take notice how upset she was.  She had locked herself up in her bedroom and would only come out to get food.

"This has gone on for too long," Sandra sighs, referring to her best friend blasting 'Take Care' album in her room for what seemed to be the hundredth time, looking up at Jay as she chopped up a boiled egg to put in her salad in the kitchen.

"You've got to admit, she's got pretty good taste." Jay said in a humorous tone to lighten the mood.

Sandra lightly punched his shoulder and rolled her eyes as she made her way to the fridge to take something out.

"Why do you think we're best friends?" Sandra chuckled.

"But I know, I really want to beat Adonis' fucking ass for the way he's treated Bria.  She's like a sister to me and I hate to see her so distraught and hurt over a fuckboy." Jay said shaking his head.

"How about we do something special for her before the baby arrives," Sandra suggested.

"I'm listening, like what?" Jay asked intrigued.

"Well before her and Adonis split, he had mentioned to me that he wanted to do something special for her since she catered to him while he was injured.  He said that he wanted to throw a baby shower or a gender reveal just to you know have a day be all about her since she's always taking care of other people but herself.  I don't know if he's started planning or stopped planning because of the break up but we need to pick up where he left off."

"Okay, I'm down." Jay says.  "We can have it at the restaurant and have the staff work over time or close early to cater the event.  I'll work on getting decorations and supplies for the party." He suggested.

"Okay great, I'll work on getting a guest list together, and I'll work around making arrangements for Friday evening. Bria's due date is less than three weeks away so we've got to have this as soon as possible."

"Alright, Im on it." Jay says with a smile.  "It's what she deserves."

•••

Adonis looked up at the blaring illuminated red lights in the logo of Rocky's establishment 'Champion's Boxing Gym'. He hesitated before walking inside because a lot of the staff knew about the break up between him and his ex, who also happened to work at the gym.  He breathed out slowly calming his nerves, pulling his black hoodie over his head and pushed his way inside.  His fellow team members were there standing off by the ring talking amongst each other.  Joe and Terrence looked up averting their eyes towards him and watched him walk to the back of the gym where the offices were. The intro to Drake's 'Trophy's' played loudly throughout the gym as Adonis walked through the gym, draining out his overwhelming thoughts about the conversation he was about to have. 

When he reached his office, he knocked on the door but didn't get an answer in return.  He then looked down at his watch to check the time and knew Rocky was usually here around this time and sighed, wondering where he could possibly be.

"You looking for Roc?" Jen asked him, stepping out of Bria's office.

"Uh, yeah." Adonis turned around to face Bria's assistant.

"He's at his restaurant today, Adrian's doing stock with the workers. You should stop by, he misses you." Jen says with a polite smile.

Adonis nods, and turns around as if he was getting ready to leave but was stopped by Jennifer asking yet another question.