Her Apprentance

A few days had passed since Bria and Adonis had announced their engagement to her father. Their engagement was still kept a secret along with Bria's health crisis. The two wanted some peace in their very public relationship for just a little while longer and even planned out when they would be announcing everything to the general public. While in the midst of planning an engagement photo shoot with one of Bria's favorite Philly based photographers, she checked the clock in the tiny corner of her desktop and saw that she would have to hang up soon because her last interviewee would be arriving soon.

Meanwhile in the front office, Tiana Sanders walks through the doors of the boxing gym anxiously and excitedly. Today would be her interview with Bria Stevens one of sports medicines top physical therapists and well known in the NBA and Boxing community.  Though she was only a little bit nervous, she was more so excited to see the woman who she thought in her mind would be a great mentor for her, given their similar backgrounds. 

"Hi, yes I'm looking for Bria Stevens." Tiana, who looked to be in her mid twenties asked Amber the front desk associate, as she checked in for her interview.

"I have a 12:30 appointment with Mrs Stevens for her assistant gig." Tiana explains, watching as the Asian woman typed something into the system.

"Ah, yes she just got back from her lunch break, and you are?" Amber asks checking the computer for Bria's appointments for the day.

"I'm Tiana Sanders , I'm here for an interview to be her assistant, I have a 12:30 interview but I'm here a little bit early." She says, introducing herself.

Just as she was getting logged into the system the young therapist turned slightly taking in her surroundings by observing the first floor of the gym.  Punching bags were off to the far left side of the gym, while training equipment like treadmills , stationary bikes, and ellipticals lined neatly next together forming a row of three machines per row.  Towards the center of the room were where the weights were sectioned which one of the athletes were currently using.  Towards the far left side of  the room a boxing ring which was being used by an up and coming athlete who had just recently been signed to the team.

Upbeat Hip Hop music blasted from the speakers which was set every morning by Bria.  Towards the center of the gym floor Tiana stood in awe, watching as the god like Adonis Creed stopped midway through the entrance as he talked with Bria privately.  He sported a green and black hoodie with his EarPods in his ears, grey sweatpants and Nike active shoes.

There was a look of worry and concern expressed on his face, while Bria placed her hand on his bicep gently caressing it to reassure him about something.  He then strapped his duffle bag around his shoulder, and bent down to kiss her.  Before pulling away, from where Tiana was standing she reads her lips reassuring the gentle giant that she was fine before kissing him again. 

He places his hand on her shoulder, lightly brushing her shoulder with his thumb. She embraces him with a hug, not caring who saw. Anyone who worked at the gym knew that they were already together it was no secret, and Amber who was Bria's close confidant at the gym absolutely adored the two— she had her heart set out for Terrence anyway.

Amber sees the two and smiles, waiting for them to disperse away from each other. Tiana observes them from where she was standing in front of Amber's desk and brushes her hair back so she could get a better view of Adonis.

"That must be Adonis Creed." Tiana says, with a sly smile.

"Yup, he's so dreamy." Amber swooned over the famous boxer. "And he's taken." She informs Tiana.  "So don't get your hopes up.

"And him and Bria?" Tiana asked her.

"They've been dating for almost a year now. He's off limits but he's a great guy, very personable. A natural people person but catch him on the wrong day, he can be an ass." Amber added chuckling, waving to Adonis, he waved back with a smile and walked out of the door because he was done for the day.