The Big Q

After cutting their camping trip two weeks short, the couple flew back to Philadelphia so that Bria could start scheduling appointments with her Doctor about possible treatment options.   Bria sat at her desk at work, flipping through the filing cabinet to find paperwork for one of her athletes she trained while on the phone scheduling appointments for the next month and a half. 

She hung up her new phone, placing it on the counter, while resting her head in her hands until hearing a knock on the door taking her out of her train of thought.  She placed her hands back on her desk and peered out of the blinds in her window to see her boyfriend carrying a bag of lunch in his hands. She smiled, letting him come in and closed the door behind him.

"Hey baby." He said, watching her get up to greet him and placed a tender kiss on her lips.

"Hey my love." She faintly smiled.

"What's in the bag?" She said eyeing the food as he placed the bag of lunch on her desk.

"Only your favorite order from the Chinese place up the street." He smiled, pecking her lips.

Bria smiles widely.  "The number 4?"

"The number 4." He smiled, taking the to go boxes out, handing her meal to her and picking up his while gesturing her to sit down next to him on the couch.

She followed his instructions, picking out a couple of packets of soy sauce and plastic ware for the two of them. 

"How've you been?" Adonis asked her before shoving an egg roll into his mouth. 

"I've been okay, just severe chest pain and discomfort I guess...tired and I found a doctor so I'll be going to my appointment later this week to discuss my treatment options...if it comes down to it to where I have to get my breasts removed then I'll do it I mean, they can be replaced now can't they?"

Adonis nodded his head, covering his mouth.

"Yeah and I mean it's all about your health first too.  If that's what you're comfortable with doing and it's an option then we'll have it done."

"You know they're going to suggest chemotherapy...to get rid of all of the cancerous cells...I don't know if I want to do it." She said quietly.  "It's not the healthiest option."

"But if that's your top option you're going to do it right? You could have a double mastectomy but what if the cancer— God forbid, has to be contained that way?" Adonis asked her.

"Then I'll do it, I'll do anything to keep myself alive. I just want to explore all of my options because Chemotherapy is no joke it literally sucks the life out of you." Bria sighed, eating a forkful of fried rice.

"I understand, and I really think you should speak to Unc about this too. A while ago maybe three years ago we discovered that he had cancer and he went through chemo and now he's in remission. I was there with him when he was going through his battle, and I know he'll be there to help you with yours." He suggested, continuing to eat.

"You're right I mean he's probably the only one in my circle that would know exactly what I'm going through." Bria agreed.

"In the meantime I think we should hire a PT assistant. Someone who could take on your clients while you're going through chemotherapy." Adonis suggested. "It'll give you an opportunity to fully focus on getting better while not having to worry about work." He shrugged.

"That's actually not a bad idea, since you're okay with me being home anyway and getting better. I'll approve it through Rocky and put out a job listing for it."

"I'm not worried because I have a strong support system between you, my dad, and Jay my friends...I'll get through this. I've just got to get through the storm first." Bria said confidently.