Believe Me

As Bria rolled off from being on top of him she sighed still disappointed in Adonis, and turned away facing her nightstand while he pulled the covers over his nude body.  She picked up her charging iPhone off of the nightstand, checking her messages on Instagram and replying back to a few comments from photos that were posted from tonight victory match.  His warm body pressed up against hers as he caressed her shoulder and arm, spooning her from behind as he watched her scroll through her social media feed. 

She hadn't said anything since they'd stopped fucking.  He pressed his lips on her shoulder, cuddling her, knowing that was her weakness.  She'd normally crack every time, but this time it felt different and he could sense the tension in the room. 

"You okay?"

"Since when do you care how I feel?" She coldly responded in a low whisper. 

He watched as she shut her phone off and placed it back on the nightstand before grabbing the remote to the TV to cut on even though the channels would be in Russian.

"I always care." He rebutted her.

"Do you?" She turned around to look him in the eye.  "Because what you did tonight just showed you completely disrespecting me and my wishes."

"You're still mad at Bianca?" He sighed, watching her stare at him with the same blank emotionless face.

"What do you think Adonis? It feels like we're going no where with our relationship,  I'm convinced that the only reason why you stayed with me is because we share a daughter." 

"Why would you think that?" He scoffed.

"You do shit like this! You invite your ex—"

"I ain't fucking invite her, and I know you don't believe me but my mom did." He admitted.  "You didn't let me explain earlier, you just shut me out. You tuned me out. This was supposed to be one of the happiest nights of my life but I couldn't even fully enjoy it because you were mad at me and I know when you get upset you shut down." He explained, scratching the back of his head. "I can't blame you though I know I've done some questionable things in the past that made you doubt us...do you really think we're going no where?"

"I mean...we never talk about our future together and when I bring up marriage you shrug it off like it doesn't mean anything to you."

"That's because we just got back together we've only been officially dating for six months." He sighs. "Don't you think it's still too early to be talking about marriage especially when you were ready to come at my throat for Bianca being here. I don't think we're ready."

"I'm not talking about now, I was talking about our future...do you even see us being together?" Bria asked him.

"Not if you keep coming at me like this without letting me explain."  He mumbled.

"I reacted the way that I did because you have a history of doing these things...you left me when I was almost six months pregnant because you didn't want to be with me, you wanted to be with Bianca but she turned you down right? Because she knew what you did was fucked up..." her eyes started to water but quickly wiped them away. "Is this the only reason why you're with me because I'm second best? Or because I'm the mother of your child? You see why I don't like her and then get mad when I act the way I do when she's around. I always feel like I'm in competition with her and I shouldn't have to be when I'm your girl."

Bria sighed sitting up against the headboard, wiping underneath her eyes. "Maybe Im over reacting, but I just feel like I'm a rebound and I don't want you to feel like you're 'stuck' with me because we share a child together."