You're the Reason

A couple of months had passed since Adonis' incident with the police.  Their situation had gone viral once Bria had posted a video on her social media feed gaining her increase in celebrity status from people from all walks of life showing empathy for what happened to her and Adonis.  Her followers grew from 436k to nearly 843k followers almost overnight through her activism and her support for her people.  Since the night she decided to upload the video, her life changed drastically.   She was no longer just Adonis Creed's girlfriend but she had made her own name for herself caring for the disenfranchised in her community. 

A new date was set for the rematch between Adonis v. Drago and with nearly a month left before the fight, Adonis was in full training mode in New Mexico with Rocky.  Their shared apartment was quieter now given that Adonis was away, but she knew he had to put in the work to beat this man who had been taunting him for the past couple of years. 

Jay had been around to help Bria out with Yara who was now almost five months old.  He had been put on baby duty because Sandra wanted him to learn by babysitting their niece and so that his baby fever would suddenly go away.  With Yara in his arms, he had just calmed her down by finding her pacifier and placed it gently in her mouth.

When Bria re entered the kitchen, she smiled at the sight of an exhausted and overworked Jay.  Dishes had piled up in the sink from dinner earlier while Jay bounced Yara in his arms for her to remain calm. 

"Not as easy as it looks hu?" Bria teased him as she started to put the plates in the dishwasher.

Jay let out a heavy sigh and watched as the baby rested her head against his shoulder.

"You make it look so easy." He said, looking at her.

"And you were nagging my good sis about wanting to have a baby...it's a lot of work.  Being a mom is a full time job and Sandra already has her own business that's just now gaining a lot of traction...you don't think that won't put a lot of stress on her? Or the baby?" Bria asked him as she continued to put the dishes away.

"I guess I didn't think too far into it, I mean we're both two very successful individuals who have known each other for several years and been with each other for five—"

"So then why not ask to marry her? I know you two have a love and a bond that I can't even imagine...you two compliment each other so well...why don't you take the next step and ask her for her hand in marriage?"

"I've thought about marriage trust me I have...it's just that for a long time I was depressed because I wasn't where I needed to be and I felt like I wanted her to see me thrive in a job where I'm successful and I'm thriving and now I'm finally there I'm just...picking up the pieces.  I love that woman to death and I'd do anything for her.  I think it's all about timing so, I think I'm going to pop the question during our anniversary that's coming up in July." He smiled bashfully, caressing Yara's back as she slowly drifted into sleep.

Bria gasped excitedly, covering her mouth to conceal her scream.

"Oh my God! This is huge, do you have the ring yet?" She pushed his shoulder back gently. 

"Woah, watch it woman I'm with child." He gestured towards his niece.

Bria chuckled and roll her eyes playfully.

"And don't tell Sandra okay? I'm planning on keeping this a secret, you can hold water right can't you cuz?"

"I most definitely can, why doubt me?"

Jay gave her a look like 'really' and sighed. 

"Do I really have to tell you why? You two talk a lot of shit together behind my back and who knows oh 'my cousin is thinking about proposing to my best friend' might slip up in a conversation of two?"