Chapter 18: The Hangover and the Fight

Taehyung was a morning person who would wake up as soon as the sun hit the horizon but given how comfortably he was asleep in Jungkook's arms; it was no surprise that he was sleeping till 10 in the morning. He slowly opened his eyes; the hangover was hitting him like a truck but reality hit him harder. He realized he was snuggled up with Jungkook in bed, few centimeters of distance between their faces. Though internally he was screaming, he couldn't help but admire how peaceful Jungkook looked while sleeping. His lips were slightly parted, his curly hair messed up on his forehead and his soft snores had Taehyung captivated. He found himself staring at his lips time and again. He smiled and slowly lifted his fingers up touching the lower lip of Jungkook, more like caressing. He thought how soft his lips were. He realized how he doesn't even look at Yoongi's lips like that.

Yonngi. That realization hit him hard like a rock. The fact that he has a boyfriend waiting for him back in LaRochelle and he's here in bed with another man, touching his lips, the guilt made him jolt up from his position and quickly grabbing his coat from the near table he left the house.

An hour later, Jungkook woke up from his bed missing the warmth of someone who he had ended up cuddling with last night. He slowly sat up and recalled what had happened the earlier day. He felt sad. Not because he and Taehyung had those moments but because he didn't wake up to find Taehyung next to him. He thought maybe he had crossed a line beyond friendship but the biggest dilemma for him was that was it even friendship from to begin with?

Jungkook went about his own work for the day into the city. On the other hand, Taehyung who was half drunk and fully guilty was lying on his bed and thinking what had happened the earlier night. Moreover, why was he in bed with Jungkook. The thoughts of Yoongi kept coming to his head, not because he was missing him but because he thought he was being unfair. Furthermore, it was already his fifth day and he had a lot of answers to find out which only frustrated him more. 

In the other side of the town, Hoseok was gradually developing feelings for a someone he was not supposed to. He knew falling for his best friend's boyfriend was the last thing he wanted to do but he couldn't help it. It was as if he had fallen in love at first sight. Even when Yoongi would contact Hoseok to ask about the whereabouts of Taehyung, Hoseok would feel happy about the fact he at the least got to hear his voice. The earlier day too when he was on his way back home, he had bumped into Yoongi who had offered him to have a coffee with him. While it had completely gotten Hoseok off guard, he said yes without one glint of hesitation. 

Yoongi on the other hand needless to say was missing Taehyung. After his first call with Taehyung, he had been relieved. This had made him contact Hoseok too, so when he bumped into him, he decided to offer him for coffee since he had tried his level best to help him with the contacting. While Hoseok's first impression had been horrifying, he had started growing a liking towards him but not in a romantic way.

It was already 4 in the evening and finally when Taehyung felt a bit lighter, he decided to pay a visit to the town. He was hoping and praying to god not to bump into Jungkook. His first thought was to pay a visit to Jessie since he knew he owed her an apology and thank you for the earlier day. Turning his head left and right, he quickly rushed into Jessie's store.

"Look who do we have here? The man who cannot handle his drink." Jessie teased him.

A wave of embarrassment hit Taehyung. "Oh my lord Jessie. I am so sorry for all the trouble I must have caused yesterday" he said apologetically.

"Oh you weren't a trouble for me." She paused and added ," But I can't say about Jungkook. By the way, was it fun travelling back in Jungkook's arms?" Jessie asked wriggling her eyebrows.